New TREEZ Pack - any info??

I hope it is going to be issued on a disc. 350Mb is a bit too much to download for me.

Looks like a worthwhile aquisition, so I will definitely buy it if it is issued on disc.

Bill.

I'm still debating.
I still have to install all the freeware ones now available.
And there's also part of me that considers the LaFranceenTrains product. granted there's less to it but I also wonder how they did theirs.

I have downloaded the Treez Pack using Free Download Manager and installed it.
When I run it I do not have access to Content or Surveyor, which makes it pretty useless.

Can any one put me on the right track?

Bill.

PS. I still haven't been able to upgrade to TS2009 SP2, if that is relevant.

Sounds like you have installed it as a stand alone application which lets you look at the Treez but not much else. :'( And yes, I believe you need to have SP2 in order to install in Trainz instead of a separate install. :eek:

have I missed treez somewhere?

I purchased S&C and downloaded it a few days ago. I have also preordered TS2010, but can't find any reference to the Treez pack on the order site. I've not had an email about it either. So is there a delay or have I missed out?
Graham 336550

By making sure that your trainz build is at the minimum required. See previous messages. :wave:

Note. Once it has been installed as a stand alone, I found I had to remove all references to it from the registry. NOT something for the faint of heart. Modify the registry at your own risk. Make a mistake and you computer might not start, you have been warned.

I purchased S&C and downloaded it a few days ago. I have also preordered TS2010, but can't find any reference to the Treez pack on the order site. I've not had an email about it either. So is there a delay or have I missed out?
Graham 336550
I believe you missed out on the free Treez.

How's the FPS? Have you checked with FRAPS or Game Recorder?

Last edited:
I believe you missed out on the free Treez.

How's the FPS? Have you checked with FRAPS or Game Recorder?

I will do a proper test for you later, but I see the fps is 111 in the example screenie on this thread! As far as I have noticed, if you a have a reasonably high spec pc the drop in fps is bearable, John.

I think your comp must be better than mine to get 111 in the earlier pic. My FPS on bare baseboard is 60.
I never understood why the framerate limiting command existed.

I think your comp must be better than mine to get 111 in the earlier pic. My FPS on bare baseboard is 60.
Not sure if it is still a valid reason but back in the day, its was to prevent the system wasting time by calculating and putting more than a minimum number of frames on the screen. Since you would be hard pressed to see the difference, why show 60fps when 30fps or even 24fps is good enough. There might aslso have been a slight delay when shifting from one rate to another but I'm not sure about that. Perhaps modern GPUs are less affected by this so that feature is not as needed any more.

You have V-Sync enabled, its matching the frames to the refresh rate of your monitor. Providing your machine can constantly put out 60fps then this will give you the smoothest, best quality result.

Back