New route thumbnail failing to save

I'm trying to create a new thumbnail for my route. I follow the instructions here:
http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/HowTo/Add_thumbnail_and_preview_images_to_your_route

Everything goes fine until I save the route, then the thumbnail is not saved. My route was originally created with TransDem, if that matters.

I think this is a bug. I've seen this myself.

The workaround for this is to got into Content Manager and open the route for edit in Explorer (right-click - choose option).

Get the name of the file image file in the folder.

Edit the config.txt file, and replace the name of the file in the thumbnails section of the config.txt with one of your own. It looks like this:

Code:
thumbnails{
  {
    image                               "[B]thumbnail.jpg[/B]"
    width                               512
    height                              384
  }
}

Once replaced, save and close the config.txt file.
Close the folder.
Submit the route in Content Manager.

Check for faulty assets to ensure your edit was successful, if not check your work.

Could be the same bug TRS2017 and sometimes in TANE. You edit the route's information and take a screen shot, but it doesn't show up in CM when you double-click the route AND/OR it won't show up when you highlight it in-game during route selection.

The thumbnail is saved in the session however. What I do is open up both route and session in CM, view in explorer. Then do a copy/paste from the session screenshot to the route screenshot. When you commit the edits, it will show up (and continue to show up if you make a new screenshot in Surveyor).

Bill

Back