Needed Redo of Trainz Signal System so signals apply to BOWTH Human and AI Drivers !

Most of the North American type signals in TRAINZ will show you the alignment of facing point turnouts, I don't know about other nations RR signals.

John

I don't want to be rude but how do you know the scripting doesn't change when you only appear to have one registered version of Trainz? Apologies if this is not the case.

Are you requesting that someone makes all the signals you have posted above and if so why, is it something to do with a lack of route indication? I don't follow your query really. I know the UK signals I use can be set up to display route indication as shown in your diagram above so scripting is already in existance that covers that.

~~~~snip~~~~
Hey Auran , What We would like is a signal system that is so realistic
to the REAL WORLD signals that they could be used as
a training tool for the railroads !!

~~~~snip~~~~

Please note that the company....Auran....does not exist at this time. It has been replaced by N3V.

Also, respectfully, I, In My Humble Opinion, do doubt that the railroad companies would use a $50 program as a training medium.

Respectfully,

Quote from http://trains.0catch.com/Tut4-IntroToSignaling.htm

That is not what I ment, what I am (along with everyone else) is looking for is a updated signal script so AI traffic use ALL 8 signal states unlike as quoted in the first quote above (at a minimum) And I dont expect railways to use Trainz as a training tool, But what I am trying to do is get N3V to create a reason for people to buy their product over and over again by putting REAL updates in it. (Like real updates to the signal system)

It is the equilivant to a Class I railroad using Semaphore signals when newer signals are available (and cheaper to operate)

The scripting is there, and the AI has gotten better with the current version of Trainz. Try the search light signals used in the Mojave Sub, for example. Justin Cornell's search light signals work in a prototypical fashion, and the AI follow the signals the way they should with slowing down for flashing yellows, taking the indicated diverge, etc.

You have to remember that there are specific rules for the signals, but there are so many variants on the basic rules, that it would be impossible for the company to have put these in their original code. It is now up to the content developer to script and create the signals, and integrate their operation with the game code as it was originally written.

John

Essentially they all mean the same thing. Red=Stop, Green=Go, Yellow=Caution.

Since just about every major railroad company and country has their own idea of what the signal system they use should do and what it should look like, expecting one PC simulator to cover all of them is a bit much.

I've not seen the inner workings of real railroad training simulators but I doubt they are so universal that any railroad could use them as-is without modification and customization.

I'm sure the coders at N3V are good but programming every signal system in the world into something as small as Trainz might be a bit much. As such, you might say we have Trainz signaling system, as legitimate as any out there.

I don't want to be rude but how do you know the scripting doesn't change when you only appear to have one registered version of Trainz? Apologies if this is not the case.

Are you requesting that someone makes all the signals you have posted above and if so why, is it something to do with a lack of route indication? I don't follow your query really. I know the UK signals I use can be set up to display route indication as shown in your diagram above so scripting is already in existance that covers that.

And the german, russian, and french trainzers have signals that implement the speed limit changes for different aspects. I'd honestly be surprised if the spanish trainzers don't have working spanish-practice signals, pretty sure there is some prototypical signals on ibertrainz, and STR has a pack of 50 spanish signals.

It's been a while since I loaded a spanish route, but I'll wager they work pretty much prototypically - although probably not to the depth of the z7 signals.

I don't think you are really familiar with running under AI,as it has been my experience that with trackmarks, triggers, and scripted signals you are as close as you can get to prototype signaling. Have you even tried any of those? I think not. Bottom line, learn how to script and create your own standards! It's a game folks, what do you expect for the price you paid. Are you willing to pay the money for a RR type simulator?

John (JohnnyC1)

Last edited:
Back