Need more Astronauts.

Cactushead

Man, what have I gotten myself into here? I have become totally addicted to building a rail empire on Mars. Several people like ish6 and Butler 57 and others have done an excellent job creating futureistic trains, like the maglevs and buildings. I must have downloaded over six thousand items in the last two weeks. And that's a conservative estimate, btw. But, there is still something missing here. We need more astronauts. Not just standing there looking as dumb as I am, but bending over to pick up a tool out of a tool box, kneeling, one and two knees, sitting, carrying tools. etc. I have a lot of the original astronauts playing the part of USGS teams exploring the rocks and soils, but they just stand there like the rocks themselves. Now, I do have a bunch monitoring that huge auger I stumbled upon a few days ago. That looks normal, but I still need some "Action Jackson's" that look like they're doing something.
Oh, the tools and I'll get off of here. I'm slightly aware of what the USGS does according to the movie "10.5 Apocolypse," and "Super Volcano," but not enuff to know what type of tools they would use here. Maybe ultrasonic "guns" to read the composition of the rocks. How about some with small pickaxes to take rock samples? Let's make Mars come alive, Okay?
Anyone interested in taking on this challenge?
TIA Cactushead.

Man, what have I gotten myself into here? I have become totally addicted to building a rail empire on Mars. Several people like ish6 and Butler 57 and others have done an excellent job creating futureistic trains, like the maglevs and buildings. I must have downloaded over six thousand items in the last two weeks. And that's a conservative estimate, btw. But, there is still something missing here. We need more astronauts. Not just standing there looking as dumb as I am, but bending over to pick up a tool out of a tool box, kneeling, one and two knees, sitting, carrying tools. etc. I have a lot of the original astronauts playing the part of USGS teams exploring the rocks and soils, but they just stand there like the rocks themselves. Now, I do have a bunch monitoring that huge auger I stumbled upon a few days ago. That looks normal, but I still need some "Action Jackson's" that look like they're doing something.
Oh, the tools and I'll get off of here. I'm slightly aware of what the USGS does according to the movie "10.5 Apocolypse," and "Super Volcano," but not enuff to know what type of tools they would use here. Maybe ultrasonic "guns" to read the composition of the rocks. How about some with small pickaxes to take rock samples? Let's make Mars come alive, Okay?
TIA Cactushead.
Maybe this would be a good time for Cactushead to take on this challenge.

Considering that I've never made any content, the above comment is understandably hypocritical.

Actually, I have tried. I've got the Auran version of G-max, but couldn't even get past the first exercise. Oh well. I guess I'll just have to do with what I've got.
TTFN, Cactushead.

TIA Cactushead.

Hello C, sir

Have you downloaded
ede627 marsz contents yet? U got some astronauts as well!

Sorry to help since working with Trainz people is not my cup of tea -- always had issues with it! I'll see contacting Ed (
ede627) to see if has any ideas about this subject since he made some astronauts!

Take Care
Ish

Hi ish. Thanks for the suggestion. I checked out ede627, and somehow I have all his astronauts. I think somebody must have reskinned his 'people,' and put them n another list. Actually, I think I have about 50 or 60 astronauts. Unfortunately there's only four types. Standing, walking, groups, and women without helmets. Other than that, the only difference is the color of their space suits. Well, I'm still having fun, so no prob.
Oh, btw. Everybody's been asking for screen shots. Somebody is going to have to walk me thru that process, in words of one syllable or less.
TTFN, Cactushead.

Hi ish. Thanks for the suggestion. I checked out ede627, and somehow I have all his astronauts. I think somebody must have reskinned his 'people,' and put them n another list. Actually, I think I have about 50 or 60 astronauts. Unfortunately there's only four types. Standing, walking, groups, and women without helmets. Other than that, the only difference is the color of their space suits. Well, I'm still having fun, so no prob.
Oh, btw. Everybody's been asking for screen shots. Somebody is going to have to walk me thru that process, in words of one syllable or less.
TTFN, Cactushead.

Hello C -- Noted, sir!

Ish

Last edited:
shaneturner12, screen shots. Well, first of all, all I have is the camera on my iPhone 4. So, basically, I just need to know how to get the pics onto my computer where they should b, and then putting them n the proper place. That's about it.
Cactushead.

Nutso! I just saw yor link, :confused: and read it. Yikes! It looks like there's a lot of words containing more than one syllable there.:hehe: I mite try this. I have posted a couple of pics to my facebook page. I'll see if I can create another page and post my Mars pics there. If so, I will definately let everyone know how to find them.
TTFN, Cactushead.

Nutso! I just saw yor link, :confused: and read it. Yikes! It looks like there's a lot of words containing more than one syllable there.:hehe: I mite try this. I have posted a couple of pics to my facebook page. I'll see if I can create another page and post my Mars pics there. If so, I will definately let everyone know how to find them.
TTFN, Cactushead.

Hello C --

U can always use my marsz blog to post pictures, or just create your own blog in the forum, and post screen on there! Either way it's fine! :wave:

Take Care
Ish

Back