Need info for several things

jguffey

Sorry so many questions.

The answers can be fro TRS2006 and or TRS3.

1. How do i know what stations or platform tht passengers will load from? how are they marked?

2. What passenger cars do doors open and close while passengers load? How are the marked?

3. what track allows going from reg fauge to narrow?

I.m trying to build a simple layout to show to my grandchildren to get them interested in Trainz.

Thanks

Jim

1. I'm not entirely sure what you mean for this one.

2. Usually the cars that open and close are well-detailed and have physical features instead of the windows and details being painted on have opening doors. I'll get a list of some cars that have the animated loading features.

3. Most passenger stations I think allow the track to become whatever is attached to it. There are a few, like the special track stations for Maglev or Monorail stations (Contemporary Hotel, small/ large monorail station, maglev station, etc.) that don't adjust, bu as far as I know most of the others adjust.

Hope this helps.

I thought only certain station with attached platforms allowed passengers to load and or unload.

I have no exact idea which cars have operating doors. trying to make a small layout for grandchildren that might hold their interest.

Thanks

Jim

Here's a small list of animated passenger cars:

3ft Narrow Gauge

WPY Passenger Car by whitepass
D&RGW Passenger car by whitepass
Rio Grande Southern Edna by bnsf50
A large set of D & S passenger cars by bnsf50
Georgetown Loop RR Coach by David 111767

Standard gauge

PRR P85A Coach by magicland
Southern Streamlined Coach by magicland
SP grey Coach by magicland

Auran has also made some ATSF passenger cars that are animated such as the ATSF Pullman Pine Series. ATSF Chair car, and ATSF Diner

As for what passenger stations will load and unload it is the ones with attached track. Just go into buildings, select narrow the selection down to industry, and any stations you find in there will be able to load and unload.

Stations that can load and unload passengers use the same underlying system as the industries which can load and unload products. For this purpose, the passengers are regarded as "products".

Therefore built-in stations and rolling stock which can handle passengers are marked with the IND green tick icon in Surveyor, in the same way as the built-in industries and freight rolling stock which can handle products.

The means by which passenger rolling stock doors are animated is contained in their config files. Someone with more knowledge than me could tell you what to look for in a config file that distinguishes such rolling stock. AFAIK there's no other way of telling, apart from actually using the rolling stock of course.

IND is the standard industry system devised by Auran and used with some built-in rolling stock. There are other industry systems for Trainz, for example LARS.

John

Back