Montana Rail Link 1.5 session details

SORRY I DON'T MEAN TO BE A PEST. but i downloaded everything and the route and session have no errors but when i try to play train says that i don't have all the dependencies i need to play.... any suggestions

You should be invited to download the dependancies at the start of the session. If not this could be for a number of reasons such as the DLS is not working or there is a new version on the DLS. Try going to the DLS, dragging the latest session version over to the download helper and pressing "start". Then try again. If unsuccessful you may need an extended database repair. There are a lot of ongoing problems with Auran at the moment such as Auran does not have your username and password. If you get that message when joining a session go to Launchpad, website then log in. Then re enter username and password on the DLS and try again.

Once again I have to work from 1pm to 6pm. So I wont be able to show up untill around 6:30pm.

I will tell you what were going to do when its time to start at 6:00p.m just remember to hope on teamspeak like 5mins before so you know the game plan.

I still cannot connect to the teamspeak. Is there some type of software i was supposed to download to be able to join the chat?

Make sure you have the latest version of Teamspeak 3, if a port was supplied with the IP to the server, do not put in the port number, only the IP itself.

I just tried to join the session for the first time tonight but the I guess I have a version of TS12 that is not compatible with y'all :(

When I tried to join I had to download the current update... That update was not compatible with my current version which is 49922

I believe you may be confused over the version it is referring to. You have game version 49922 which is correct. I,m guessing you get that message when you try to join the session. That is a reference to the route version. It is probably best if I take you through the whole process to ensure you are at the right stage and to help other players with similar problems. Go to Content Manager and find the latest session version (Montana Rail Link). I usually play UMR TS12 SUMMER (Advertising) and as I am at work I can,t tell you what it is. Drag it across to your download box and when it has finished searching "start". When it has finished any downloading a spot of housekeeping won,t hurt. In the search box it needs to say "Montana Rail Link". Filter below, select "location". Filter to the right of it, select "Local". You shoul see a list of routes and sessions. You should have one route and one session. Everything else will be shown "Obsolete" All obsolete versions should be deleted, if any. Next try to join the session. If unsuccessful do an extended database repair. Now you should be able to join the session. Feedback would be appreciated we have a service to help UMR players with their installation

Last edited:
Ok thanks for the reply...
I have gone ahead and deleated all Montana Rail Link routes and sessions and am in the process of downloading fresh copies from the DLS. I'm doing this because I had a faulty dependency, the Lars Cattle Trailer (I think it was the trailer and not the waggon) had a problem with the "Chrome.Texture" and would not load.

I will report back with an edit to this post after the downloads complete...

EDIT:
I now have fresh copies of the following...
  • Montana Rail Link _____________(Route)
  • Montana Rail Link 12 MP v1______(Route)
  • Montana Rail Link 12 MP v1.5____(Route)
  • Montana Rail Link 12 MP v1.5 ___(Session)
As I kind of suspected, the LARS Cattle Trailer is still faulty but it is in "Montana Rail Link (Route)".

I have not tried these in game yet but I will shortly.

Also, I have downloaded and installed the "TeamSpeak 3 Client" as I read on the last page, I just need to know what the server is for the next "Opp. Session"

Thanks

Last edited:
Ok yet another edit...

I have tried to run the session and it gave me a warning that some of the built in content has been changed and asked if I wanted to let the game repair the items. I did but it failed. I then did an extended database repair and tried to run the session again but this tile it would not let me run it at all.
The error message is as follows...
The selected session cannot currently be used for multiplayer.
The session, the route, or some dependencies are not built-in and are not available on the Download Station.

Abort Session Load

At this point I'm starting to wonder if I should just uninstall TS12 and do a fresh install... I've downloaded and installed a lot of items, most have some kind of error and don't work. Some I've been working on for days and did manage to get working. I have a lot of the CDPs saved so I should be ok there...

Dont worry or even try to play on MRL MP V1. I wasn't paying close enough attention to what I was putting into that session and put some 3rd party content into that one so it will not work. Also that route has a few bugs of its own that V2 took care of. V2 should work for you, if all else fails do an extended database repair. That may work but it will take some time. Its best to not interrupt it or do too much with your computer while its doing it. Then if that fails ether do a full reinstall of TRS12 or wait till I put out V3.

SPEAKING of V3, each time we do an op-session and it goes really rough I hold of on doing any work. The idea being why work on V3 if every ones going to act like a herd of wild monkeys. But after last session when things where going quite smoothly I have renewed interest in getting the next version out. But my problem is this, MRL give me low frame rates. No other route dose this other then MRL. I think its some content that I am going to go thought and see if its faulty or what. But Im working on it.

Hey jib i just finished updating MRL with new rolling stock and more locomotive types. I named it MRL MP v1.7 if you want me to uploaded it or send it to you.
Though i have one question how do you take screen shot in trainz 12?

Dont worry or even try to play on MRL MP V1. I wasn't paying close enough attention to what I was putting into that session and put some 3rd party content into that one so it will not work. Also that route has a few bugs of its own that V2 took care of. V2 should work for you, if all else fails do an extended database repair. That may work but it will take some time. Its best to not interrupt it or do too much with your computer while its doing it. Then if that fails ether do a full reinstall of TRS12 or wait till I put out V3.

SPEAKING of V3, each time we do an op-session and it goes really rough I hold of on doing any work. The idea being why work on V3 if every ones going to act like a herd of wild monkeys. But after last session when things where going quite smoothly I have renewed interest in getting the next version out. But my problem is this, MRL give me low frame rates. No other route dose this other then MRL. I think its some content that I am going to go thought and see if its faulty or what. But Im working on it.

I must give a very big THANK YOU! to Trainlover16 for all of his help last night. With his help we managed to get MRL MP v1.5 up and running with minimal issues.
The only issue that we ran into was when we were ending our session, his train was left behind on my end just outside Helena Yard. On his end he was able to see my train and his but I couldn't see his till I went back in free view mode looking for it, very strange...:confused:

After we ran the session, we both had some suggestions for the next version. If you are interested in hearing what we came up with just shoot me a PM... I'm also working on an intermodal / autorack facility that IF I can finish it and it both looks and runs good I'd be willing to donate it to a future version.

Last edited:
Hey jib i just finished updating MRL with new rolling stock and more locomotive types. I named it MRL MP v1.7 if you want me to uploaded it or send it to you.
Though i have one question how do you take screen shot in trainz 12?

If you guys want to make your own sessions and call them what ever you want you can. I dont mind if you make sessions. Just dont change the route is all I ask. I just make the strong suggestion of adding the "Display Custom Hud" rule that way we get the heads up display showing next signal and next track speed.

But to take a screen shot just press the "Prnt Scrn" key. It will save it in a folder located some where like "C:\Program Files\TRS12\userdata\screenshots" Or some thing like that. Protip, press F5 first to hide all the interface stuff.

Back