Model Railroadz

@ Xawery - you have always been the master of "Less Is More", but those 'model' shots just nail it. Lovin' your work....

It's been a long time since I've a had Trainz title installed (steam sale today), well geez it's been 8 years. Anyway, Model Railroadz epitomizes what I had wanted to do in TRS04, but could never get it too look right. I've download a few of the routes and will get a start on my own in the coming days. I dug through some old Model Railroader Magazines and came across one the 1999 Model Railroad Planning special. A little 5x9 industrial layout that I always liked for some reason.

It's been a long time since I've a had Trainz title installed (steam sale today), well geez it's been 8 years. Anyway, Model Railroadz epitomizes what I had wanted to do in TRS04, but could never get it too look right. I've download a few of the routes and will get a start on my own in the coming days. I dug through some old Model Railroader Magazines and came across one the 1999 Model Railroad Planning special. A little 5x9 industrial layout that I always liked for some reason.

sounds exciting! Will look forward to seeing your progress!

georgem2010,

Nice start but (remember you asked) since the maximum reach is about 2.5 feet, either that is a very tiny scale or much of it is out of reach.
:hehe:

haha that's true! Are you referring to the yard? Or the actual scenery section?

This scene still needs detailing, but I figured it looked good enough to show off my new toys. Got four (4+ if you count the gecko scripts) new engines from JRs for just a little over $20.00! All NS units, C40-9, CW40-9 (horsehead), SD60, and SD40-2 HH.
Chadd04_20140419_0000_zps1cab55fe.png

Chadd04_20140419_0003_zps4c1dfb1c.png

I've still got quite a bit of work to do, but if I keep working at it and theres enough interest, I may release it.

Double post, took a few more pics.
Chadd04_20140420_0000_zps63ebe5f6.png

Surpise at the end
Chadd04_20140420_0001_zpseb0b9fa1.png

Chadd04_20140420_0002_zps776ecae6.png

If I was a kid in this town I would of played at this park every day.
Chadd04_20140420_0003_zps3370c5d5.png

I really do not know where to post my pics now, since this layout is only one single basebord, so it can be referred as model raliroad, but it may be referred as Urban tram topic as well. But i decided now, so i put it here my fantasy layout of Evergreen. Evergreen is a small mining and industrial town, laying in the valleys under the forest of the Midhills.

Here is an City Map of the small town, with all its remaining tram network, survivor of many line closures.
voiv.jpg

The 4 remaining tram lines are:

Nr. 3: Gun Factory - Upper End (each 10 min)
Nr. 4: Upper End - Chilly (each 15 min)
Nr. 7: Gun Factory - Chilly (each 15 min)
Nr. 9: Diamond Hill - Castle Hill loop (each 10 min)

There are 9 tram in duty.

Two screenshot as teaser:
A view of the Upper End terminus:
e4bq.jpg

A view of the Castle Hill and its neighborhood:
1nhq.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Jpereira,

I did not finish the laayout yet, i am working right now on the tram yard. It is not that easy to make a functional tram company on a single baseboard :hehe: . At least the maintenance office has a place already... Plus i finished today a nostalgia line from Upper End to Southgate over Chilly and Gun Factory. The nostalgia route is running on the hill top around the corners and you may drive it for your own fun while you may enjoy a nice panoramic view.

All today changes with red. N = Nostalgia line

ctxm.jpg

Cheers:
Sura
:wave:

Hi All I have been looking at this thread and boy o boy I like what I see
when you build these layout do you al use the FIXED TRACK first ad then o over it with our faverate track later
Chris

Back