MiniMap view - please restore it the way it was before

hutten

Hello,
Until TANE we could access the MiniMap view in Driver mode by keying M. We could zoom in to see the junctions and track marker names clearly.
Now, if we use M we go in map view from afar, but we get into "real" view when we zoom in and the texts disappear.
No way to read the names and see the details up close. No way to set the junctions on the map.
Or am I wrong?

Regards,
Paul

I dont know if you are talking about Trainz 19 or Trainz 22, I have Tane and Trainz 22 the difference with the map it is not so tragic as you described it, i found it uncomfortable at the very start too, mainly for the right click where you could roam freely and now this has been changed, ok with number 4 you unlock the view in minimap and in driver mode also and i found it more handy than Tane. Maybe you have a right for the zoom i think it misses some scales of zooming as it was in Tane but not so big deal finally, the junctions work just fine as all the versions of Trainz i have since Trainz 12.

I agree, Paul. The disappearing text and the fact that it's the size of ants to start with on top of being light grey makes that worse. This isn't the only issue. Now when we switch on show signals and junctions, we get the labels too blasted across the map cluttering up the map even more. And then there's the plop on the ground after zooming in to see the labels, signals, and junctions!

Thanks for the reactions.

"... i think it misses some scales of zooming as it was in Tane but not so big deal finally, ..." Well that depends on the complexity of the layout. Just today I ran a train on a very large layout by someone else with complicated trackwork and very many track markers. All names new and foreign to me. Greyish text on a greyish background. I should not have to go into Surveyor mode just to see the names of things, I would say.

We still have the MiniMap in Surveyor (classic and 2.0), though from a menu instead of simply "M". Then why can't we have it in Driver anymore??

Regards,
Paul

This is the main reason why I will not "upgrade" (I use that term with much reservation) to TS22 SP2 or is it Sp1? I am still on Build 119451. N3V does not seem interested in the folly of its ways. Pushing aside the concerns of veterans like myself will cause loss in profits. Full stop.

Sometimes the junctions are so close together that you need to zoom in with map view. Now that just not possible. I also like to you the map to change junction positions ahead of my arrival, this is difficult when you lose the map view.

Sometimes the junctions are so close together that you need to zoom in with map view. Now that just not possible. I also like to you the map to change junction positions ahead of my arrival, this is difficult when you lose the map view.
I do the same thing for the same reason and this was very useful in those places such as terminals and yards were it's impossible to grab the actual switch machine because all the arrows get in the way due to the mouse hovering over them.

The feature I`d like restored to the way it used to be: How Content Manager manages the downloading list. As I recall, we could add new downloads to the list while downloading without wondering about disrupting the existing pending downloads, we could pause the download at will, and we could even remove items from the list. It`d be very nice to have these back. If I`m misremembering and we never had these, I`d still like to have those features, and I see no way do do anything similar in my current install.

The feature I`d like restored to the way it used to be: How Content Manager manages the downloading list. As I recall, we could add new downloads to the list while downloading without wondering about disrupting the existing pending downloads, we could pause the download at will, and we could even remove items from the list. It`d be very nice to have these back. If I`m misremembering and we never had these, I`d still like to have those features, and I see no way do do anything similar in my current install.
The current version has an MDI that allows simultaneous downloads. This is all good, but terminating or pausing a download is not possible.

MDI? So if I start a second/third/whatever batch of downloads, will it append to the existing batch(es) or compete with it/them? It used to be. I did it often. I`d like to be able to do it again. I dunno, though; this might be from the even earlier version from Auran that I had before the twin-pack from N3V.

MDI? So if I start a second/third/whatever batch of downloads, will it append to the existing batch(es) or compete with it/them? It used to be. I did it often. I`d like to be able to do it again. I dunno, though; this might be from the even earlier version from Auran that I had before the twin-pack from N3V.
The first download session will run concurrently with any other downloads you start. The first will complete, or may not, depending on asset size and quantity compared to the others you've started.

You may have to close the download queue/progress bar. (You know you can expand those and watch the assets being downloaded?) If you do open up the download progress bar, you definitely will have to close the download queue once the download is complete.

So they will compete. Nice to know. Thank you. What happens if you manually close the progress window early?

I nearly always do. (Yes, I did already, and usually do; in fact I try to expand it as soon as possible so I can monitor the download better.) So I`ve noticed.

Now I ask again: MDI? What`s that?

Back