Malware. False Reports?

Barry

TitanShield There appears to be pages on the Internet about it. Have not bought it but virus checker keeps findng 30 adware,etc, that have come onto the computer recently which include this name. I keep deleting them as found by virus checker but have come back identical several times. As far as I can understand they may be false reports with false matching registry entries. There are several programs that say will remove it but also suspect these are also adware/malware related. Bits of a rat's nest the internet at present. Barry

Suggestion: Download freeware anti-spyware programs that you cannot pay for, or buy payware versions of said programs and see what they say.

Thats the problem I was looking at the antispyware programs on the Internet which I think is how I got the problem......... Have looked at the Symantec details about it. There don't seem to be any other files that are mentioned except for the registry entries which my spyware program finds OK, but have come back a few times when I delete them........... I no longer allow cookies now except if essential and same with java. Will keep to the firefox browser from now on.............Barry

Payware antispyware programs will frequently tell you that your computer is infected to get you to buy thier software. If you have a commercial product that is protecting you, then you should be OK.

Sticking to Firefox is a good idea, I suggest that you chage your settings to delete all private data (except saved passwords) when you shut down, and to allow cookies, but to have firefox delete them when it closes. This should keep you secure enough.

Back