Reinstalling tr2009 Help please

old_bill

I would appreciate some advice! I was given TR2010 and S&C as a present at the end of last year. When I set it all up and running I soon discovered that my PC was unable to run TR2010 at a reasonable frame rate. Due to limited finances I am unable to upgrade my present system so I decided to buy TR2009 to run my S&C (which Ireally want) with.
I installed and patched TR2009 to build 44653 and duly installed S&C which I also bought to latest build standard. Whilst the performance was not perfect it was better than I was getting on TR2010 - but it was temprerametal and I often had difficulty in getting it to run getting false starts and fault reports at the start and end of the program.
A few days ago I decided to uninstall and reinstall the full TR2009 from disc through to build 44653 in an attempt to get a better performance - wrong thing to do - Then my troubles started. I have installed - uninstalled several times but am unable to get a full installation and I have not even tried to add S&C yet.
I can install as far as build 41844 but I am unable to add build 44653 - once 44653 is applied I am advised that my keycode is invalid and both it and my keycode for the earlier (no longer present) S&C add-on is shown in options and that is as far as I can get.
I suspect that somewhere in the depths of the machine or program there is a reference to my S&C code which is preventing me from completing the installation. I have deleted using the recommended add/remove method and also cleared my registry using a registry cleaner as well as defragging after each uninstall.
I suspect that there is a file somewhere that I need to delete to remove reference to my earlier S&C installation!
Any ideas would be welcome whilst I still have some hair left!
Old Bill:'(

hiya
There is a program called cc cleaner you can get it from most freeware sites ie file hippo and tucows this will remove all reg entry`s for trains and clean up temp files left behind if you use this then restart your pc then reinstall 09 and the patches and add ons all you be well and you should see a bit of a performance boost, hope this helps you out

cheers bob

Thanks for idea

Thanks for the idea - but when I looked I can get a free scan which frightens the life out of a new punter but very limited repair for free.. sadly cash is scarce on a basic UK pension and I have had to let my three month first class ticket lapse - wife says I waste too much cash on computer - prefer to eat! Looks like I will have to live with a poor performance until my ship comes in!
Thanks anyway
Old Bill

hiya
That free scan is rubbish dont worry about it,just get the program from the link the other user gave you it really is free and should solve all your problems.

cheers bob

hiya
That free scan is rubbish dont worry about it,just get the program from the link the other user gave you it really is free and should solve all your problems.

cheers bob

If you continue to have problems with the update to 41844 and S&C, please post here. We are here to help.

tomurban

The only thing I can suggest at this stage is to uninstall TS2009 (if you have re-tried), completely remove the TS2009 folder (making sure you backup any content you want to keep), then install and run CCleaner.

You may have to restart after running CCleaner.

Once done, you should then be able to install and patch it - if not, do post back stating any error messages you are getting.

Shane

Really fed up now!

I typed a post earlier to day detailing my tale of woes following my latest attempt to install tr2009 - I don't even consider the possibility of adding S&C any more. The forum promptly wiped my message out when I pressed post!
Thanks Clam1952 and Shaneturner12 - I will now wait until I can afford a new PC (I should live so long) before I return to 2009/2010 and S&C... I have had it up to here this morning>
Old Bill ex Trainz enthusiast.

Hiya old bill
I know your fed up but dont give up so easy take a couple of days off then come back to it if you cant get cc cleaner from the net i will try and send it to you as a zip or rar file attached to an email let me know if that would help no need for a new computer if it was working ok before.

bob:D

Old bill in a better mood now!

Hi out there in Trainz land,
Normally I would claim to be a person of infinate patience - on my last post I snapped, for that I apologise!

Firstly I would like to thank Clam1952 and Shaneturner12 for their suggestions and say that I have managed to get CCleaner from the web and installed/used it successfully! I must also thank Tankbob for giving me a reassuring shoulder to rant on!

Background: - I have tried to install and patch tr 2009 several or more times with very limited success. I did have a fully patched version (44653) with the S&C add-on. This ran with a reasonable video performance but was always reporting errors at the start and end of each session, I rather unwisely decided - as I had a day or so to spare - to reinstall from scratch, then the problems started!

So, I installed tr2009 from my original disk (JustTrains) to build 38869. I downloaded the patch to 40040 (JustTrains) to my hard drive and then applied it then I repeated the exercise patching to 41844 (Arun site) - when I repeated the exercise to patch to 44653 the whole thing went sour and did not give me access to surveyor.

In each case I have had all other programs switched off - even using a games booster - I was off line and I have now used CCleaner in an attempt to get rid of any vestiges of earlier tr2009 or my S&C installation.
In my latest attempt at this exercise after installing my tr2009 disk and after following up with the first patch (JustTrains 40040). after blowiing a fuse! I received the following : - Patch not current build hash: ecf8bb9538bde21c97c375b60218d768 - whatever that is all about?

I cannot understand why I, as a Trainz supporter of many years from UTC (used different ID in those days) cannot, after due check on my entitlement, download a fully patched version without the need ot carry out all this patching? I currently have, on an even older machine, a working UTC, on this PC a fully working tr2006 which has served me well, a fully patched tr2010 with S&C add-on which needs a higher spec PC to get any enjoyment from and a tr2009 which refuses to work properly.

I think that many of the problems arise from the introduction of speed trees and I feel especially sorry for Detlef/Team and his/their beautifully crafted Nidderalbahn layout (I only found it on tr2009 upward) as it almost unplayable, even if I spoke German! - I suspect that if I ever did succeed in installing a complete tr2009 I would just be in the same position that I am in at the beginning of the exercise with my jerky performance tr2010 installation.

Sorry this long rant but I have spent more time on installing Trainz since December than I have actually playing the game, I also wasted a three months First class ticket during this time which I could ill afford!
Old Bill

Old Bill: It sounds as if you have remnants of previous patches lurking about. You may have to start over with 09. Just be sure to run CCleaner several times in succession followed by a defrag of your "C" drive. You may want to install 09 in the C: Root Directory, not the default Program Directory. I have my copy of 09 installed in the Root Directory and everything seems to work smoother including CM2. Good Luck.

tomurban

Old Bill: I have read all of the posts and I recall I had too completely reinstall 2009 just like you..I got everything downloaded(patches etc), everything went smooth until I was ready too do the last Patch(Sp4)..Then I discovered I had too Download DX-9 in order to get the patch to work correctly..I downloaded DX-9 from Microsoft.com and then everything went smooth after installation..Just a thought..:wave:

Hang on in there Old Bill. As someone who will be 80 this year I too find things difficult nowadays.

A thought: you mentioned that TS2009 was obtained from Just Trains. do you not have to obtain patches through them and not Auran?

Old_Bill wonders?

Hi again,
I have finally managed to install tr2009 up to latest patch level thanks to some good advice from you out there. As I suspected however fully patched tr2009 is almost the same as tr2010 and just as jerky on my system. I have not even attempted to install S&C just in case I have to start all this again. I wonder if it is possible to install S&C in patch 41844 as I might then have a reasonable chance of playing the game.. I know that S&C can stand alone, but I like to change times and weather etc myself and repair the odd missing lever which will occur.
BobCass' idea to install at C:/ was I suspect the breakthrough - Ess1: - only the first patch is available from JustTrains - you can't be finding things hard, you are as young as you feel!
I think that I must have a fault in my system - the route/session wording is indistinct and I can not access any of the Nidderalbahn routes.... I am not going to re-install XP as I have too much riding on my computer and at least it is working........... Thanks forum!
Old Bill

hiya oldbill
yes you can install s&c at said patch i use it that way,the last patch which bring 09 up 2010 is where your jerky performance is comming from my advice would to stay at 41844 and you should be ok thats how i run 09.

cheers bob

Old Bill - back in business

Finally I am back in business thanks to many helpful hints from you out there in Trainzland..... I have now a tr2009 setup at build 41844 with S&C attached. Whilst looking over S&C I have decided not to bring it up to latest standard as this is directed toward tr2010 which for reasons of video performance I have abandoned at least until I can upgrade my PC.
My thanks to tankbob for his reassuring post.. Now can I get my head around the project that I started in tr2006 before Christmas and have not looked at from that time to this.....
I can now access the Nidderalbahn layout - which is brilliant - wish I could be bothered to learn German! I will play with it for some time in the hope of getting some new ideas!
Old Bill

Just like you old_bill i too have a very low spec PC. I can run TS2010 ok on my ancient system only by removing the speedtrees from routes, (replace assets) & running it in compatibility mode. IF you feel brave enough after all your trials & tribulations give it a try .

Back