Progress re:"Complete Disaster"

glgraeber

Well, that was exciting...

My OP and all replies, along with my response and update were among the casualties of the hack-attack. So, I must first repeat my sincere "thank you very very much" to those who jumped in to help figure out the problem and come up with a solution. I apologize, in advance, for the length if this post (and the first one too), but here is what has transpired thus far...to repeat...I think it's TS2010 SP3/2009 SP4.

I re-ran CM (v3.3) database repair, both types. A quick repair produced 6,356 errors and 45 warnings; then an extended repair produced 3,240 errors and 45 warnings (some apparent success in repairing over 3,000 assets). Almost all of the errors are the same, "...asset does not match the asset database record." The 45 warnings were identical between the two database repair reports.

Then I gave the other suggestions a try. First, right-click to view errors & warnings for the "Faulty" (red exclamation mark) "Installed" assets; about half were "false positives" and corrected themselves right away. Half of the remainder have valid fault warnings (someday I'll try to work on those...maybe), but the others curiously don't even show the selection to "View Errors & Warnings"...it's greyed-out even though they have the red exclamation mark.

After that, I investigated several of the remaining Built-in assets that show missing dependencies. Drilling down to the lowest level of missing dependencies revealed a common thread; they all have one or more missing dependencies that are "unknown"...the infamous black question mark! How can that happen for Built-in assets? I can only suspect corrupt files, especially since we know the uninstall.dat file is corrupted.

It seems that a database repair can't find or fix those issues. I am fairly sure this means that I'll have to uninstall/reinstall. So, could someone point me in the right direction about which folder(s)/file(s) to move elsewhere and reinstall in order to salvage the work I've done on my route?

Thank you again, all who have been helping, in advance.

GLG

Try right click revert to original for faulties especially anything that is builtin and appears to have a problem, that should get rid of a few more.

To back up save your local and depending on version original which appeared somewhere during 2009 I think. If you have any N3V DLC save their ja files from the builtin folder or if TS12 SP1 save the userdata packages folder.

Back