Long Slow Couple approach 850ft.

boleyd

When a car is told to couple to another they usual approach, at track speed until about 100ft from the target. I occasionally get a slowdown, before coupling, 850ft from the target. Any thought on the condition that might cause this?

A second concurrent train, under similar orders, completed its coupling in a normal fashion and proceeded to a proper conclusion. The first train approaches the target car at a 2mph for 850ft despite the speed limit of 35mph.

I've noticed the same thing on my routes. It's quite annoying. If any has any suggestions, I'd gladly try them out as well.

I've had that occur as well. I noticed that switches and signals seem to cause that to happen. The AI seems to check each and every switch before coupling. until they're close then they couple.

iv'e reported these observation before. the loco start the run in at normal speed then slows to 2mph till about 1 or 1 1/2 carriage lenghs,,then moment momentarily pauses then belts in at 5 mph. i would hate to be a passenger on the train..

it puts me in mind of a cheater stalking its prey.:confused:

it would make mor sence to approach at 5mph, the couple at 2mph.

How about permanent warrants to ignore signals while in yards so that drivers can drive as needed for coupling. That's how it used to be prior to the changes in T:ANE during SP2 or SP3.

I spent the morning trying to find a reason for some long slow coupling approaches, could not. I will restyle the route to avoid the condition.

Back