Logging in

dslippy

I had this (TR19 Platinum) working, but my computer gave up the ghost. I reloaded onto the new computer with credentials including password fine.
The same credential gets me in here fine.
When I try to run the program, I am pushed to a login page. I am take to a login screen headed 'MyTrainz Account' but am told that the name is already being used. The only option offered is the creation of a new account. I cannot get a remiderr of the password or anything else.

What is the new accout I amm being asked to create? What do I do with it?
What on earth is going on?

I had the same when creating a complete new install to beta test SP5
after 3 tries of username and pass (i am old and cannot remember what i did in 2003 lol)
the only option is a complete new account
I knew I had my name and pass right, but when the button was greyed out,
I hit the enter key real hard and much to my surprise it worked :)

I had the same when creating a complete new install to beta test SP5
after 3 tries of username and pass (i am old and cannot remember what i did in 2003 lol)
the only option is a complete new account
I knew I had my name and pass right, but when the button was greyed out,
I hit the enter key real hard and much to my surprise it worked :)
Thank you. I do not feel quite so stupid.
If I create a new account, what is it for? The wide variety for accounts and logins used in this trainz world are baffling.
I have entirely lost trust in the system I am supposed to be using.
Surely the correct way to deal with it is for someone either to recognise my error and correct me, or the error in the system and to correct it.

Check your firewall and antivirus to ensure that TRS19.exe isn't being blocked in any way. This can prevent the application from talking to the login servers which will prevent the application from starting. You will need to allow TRS19.exe through the firewall and exclude TRS19.exe from real-time scanning in your antivirus. We also recommend excluding your data folder and the application folder from real-time scanning to prevent blocking and killing of downloads and patches.

Disabling the real-time scanning does not prevent your system from doing a regularly scheduled scan for malware. It only prevents the antivirus from stomping on the application process and killing data downloads. It also helps with performance since it's not scanning each and every asset that's opened up when the program is running.

I highly recommend NOT creating a NEW account until you contact Trainz Support. You forum ID/account is tied to your current account but much more important... TRS19 and TRS22 have different features depending on your account. For example: I'm a Gold customer so TRS19 automatcally gets me the latest features such as UDS and Surveyor 2.0. I actually have and 2nd separate account because I also wanted TRS19 "standard" without those features. The two installs have two different logins from the two accounts and though they may be the exact build numer they have completely different features. Contact support and get it worked out.

The following procedure worked for me:
- enter your username
- enter the password, and while the cursor is still in the password field, press the enter key
After this procedure the program has been added to my existing account.

Peter

Yup Peter I did that (but am now forever classified as stupid hahaha)
the enter key is the key

Check your firewall and antivirus to ensure that TRS19.exe isn't being blocked in any way. This can prevent the application from talking to the login servers which will prevent the application from starting. You will need to allow TRS19.exe through the firewall and exclude TRS19.exe from real-time scanning in your antivirus. We also recommend excluding your data folder and the application folder from real-time scanning to prevent blocking and killing of downloads and patches.

Disabling the real-time scanning does not prevent your system from doing a regularly scheduled scan for malware. It only prevents the antivirus from stomping on the application process and killing data downloads. It also helps with performance since it's not scanning each and every asset that's opened up when the program is running.

Thank you, but that would require a technical skill level beyond mine. No disrespect to you, but I have been using computers since 1973, and a quick look at the menus (standard Windows 10 software) gives no suggestion as to where I might start. If TRS19 wants only users with PG qualifications in computer security, it perhaps ought to include that in the advert before taking the money.

I will contact support - when I can find them.

Thank you all.

Yup Peter I did that (but am now forever classified as stupid hahaha)
the enter key is the key

That TAB key works great too. In fact, I think I have better luck with Tab then Enter when in the Password field. I have no idea why....

Thank you, but that would require a technical skill level beyond mine. No disrespect to you, but I have been using computers since 1973, and a quick look at the menus (standard Windows 10 software) gives no suggestion as to where I might start. If TRS19 wants only users with PG qualifications in computer security, it perhaps ought to include that in the advert before taking the money.

I will contact support - when I can find them.

Thank you all.

The Firewall/AntiVirus tip offered above has nothing to do with N3V or Trainz. They are tools on your PC and for your whole PC. Search for "Windows Defender" or "Windows Security"

I went to support and received patient and helpful support.
The password I used to use included characters not now allowed in some sections. I had to change my overall password to use a compliant one.
This was to be found at
https://www.auran.com/planetauran/edit_admin.php

It seems to work now.

I went to support and received patient and helpful support.
The password I used to use included characters not now allowed in some sections. I had to change my overall password to use a compliant one.
This was to be found at
https://www.auran.com/planetauran/edit_admin.php

It seems to work now.

I'm glad you were able to get this resolved.

I ran into the same thing, and this should be something that should be mentioned when creating a password just as on some sites where they state a password isn't secure enough. At one time, I used a more secure password using non-alpha characters and ran into the same thing then one day I couldn't log in. As you noted the helpdesk crew assisted me very quickly with this issue.

i have a similar problem. had to change my email address do to a sleazy hacker. for some reason n3v(auran) can't cope with the new address. they have gone so far as to lock me out of the software. as of today i might as well remove the game since i can no longer use it. not cool since thru the years i have compiled a pretty good assortment of pay ware.
i keep sending them username and passwords and they keep rejecting them. they actually send me a one hour to FIX the problem. they won't tell me what the problem is. you can only us on the password a-z, A-Z, 1-9 and the underscore. REALLY! at 76 years old this is way confusing. i have been ejb with username grumpy from the start of trainz. i haven't a clue and they are no help especially with the one hour timeline.
ernes : ie ejb: GE_ac4400!! what ever also i purchased the first class 90 day and i can't use that either. they did take the money though.
totally frustrated after all these years with them

i have a similar problem. had to change my email address do to a sleazy hacker. for some reason n3v(auran) can't cope with the new address. they have gone so far as to lock me out of the software. as of today i might as well remove the game since i can no longer use it. not cool since thru the years i have compiled a pretty good assortment of pay ware.
i keep sending them username and passwords and they keep rejecting them. they actually send me a one hour to FIX the problem. they won't tell me what the problem is. you can only us on the password a-z, A-Z, 1-9 and the underscore. REALLY! at 76 years old this is way confusing. i have been ejb with username grumpy from the start of trainz. i haven't a clue and they are no help especially with the one hour timeline.
ernes : ie ejb: GE_ac4400!! what ever also i purchased the first class 90 day and i can't use that either. they did take the money though.
totally frustrated after all these years with them

I'm trying not to sound rude here. But, you have been told a few times in various threads to contact support, please contact them and stop spamming the forums!
regarding the same issues with your account and FCT.

Visit this link
The support team are very professional and will be able to assist you with the help that you require regarding your account and FCT.

i have contacted the support. they are not much help. the most help from them is one hour to fix username and password. now it seems my original three letter name is back to being my username. they haven't told me whether or not it is upper or lower case as for password they say it is already there. yet i still cannot login.
it clearly states that username is supposed to be minimum 5 letters and to use "underscore". all this for a email change which wasn't my fault.
EJB or ejb whatever

30 minutes after my last post. trying several usernames and no joy. i really would like to get this done. i am growing weary and my blood pressure is high. why is it so difficult to login after a email change. auran states that i have a password but damn if i can find it. at what point do i get to play the game?? this is not fun at all.

30 minutes after my last post. trying several usernames and no joy. i really would like to get this done. i am growing weary and my blood pressure is high. why is it so difficult to login after a email change. auran states that i have a password but damn if i can find it. at what point do i get to play the game?? this is not fun at all.

You can choose the option that states 'Forgotten password' type your email address in and you will be automatically assigned with a new password via email which upon signing into your Trainz account you will be required to type a new password using upper and lower cases and numbers... Don't forget to write it down somewhere!!!

i have it now but for almost 10 days i have reregistered more time than i care to think. they told me the username had to be at least 5 letters or more. yet here i am with the original username of three letters. ?????? i do appreciate your help.
so i did find out that i have to get the gold to download the superliners on their website.

Username or do you mean password?

Don't keep changing your username as that can completely stuff things up and you'll lose all your purchases from the past such as old Trainz versions should you decide to install one of the older versions.

Agree, my experience with the N3V password system is to just leave "well enough alone". Once you have a working password just stay away from that area. You could loose all remedial access to N3V.

Back