LiveStreaming

Conductorphil

Master Yard Builder
Hey everyone. Not sure if this is the best place to post in but I figured that it was the closest.

I plan on beginning livestreaming of my work on creating the Ardon District Line (Fictional). Would anyone be interested in watching? I can't guarrentee any specific time (It would be a "hey, lets start now randomly) sort of thing but it should be considerably common.

At the moment, I'm working on Harnwood City. I'd also be happy to answer questions that people ask while I am building the route. :) The route is in Trainz2012.

Updated: 13 September
I've made the first few streams. Two of them are the beginning of the creation of the Ardon District Line. The third is a tutorial for an aspect of Yard Design.

You can find all my work at: http://www.livestream.com/sadowsontrainz

Last edited:
So in essence, it is a webcam stream, of your webcam pointed at your own PC monitor screen, while you are laying tracks in surveyor (much like Yahoo IM-view my webcam) ?

If so ... this would be an excellent way to tutorial tracklaying techniques.

Actually, its runs MUCH better than that. The program works by showing whats on the screen, rather than having to run through a webcam (So you don't need to worry about accidentally bumping the webcam, etc).

I've seen lots of people doing gameplay vids and I figured that I might as well give it a shot. :)

Hitting the tracks right now...

If anyone feels like watching right now, I'm doing livestreaming at the moment.

In this run, I plan on doing the residental zone and commerical of Harnwood City and possibly doing a few test runs on how well it looks.

http://www.livestream.com/sadowsontrainz

Edit: Link has been fixed. The work that I did was saved on the Livestream server so you can see what I did. I might resume work later in an hour or so. :)

Last edited:
Slightly Advanced Yard Creation Tutorial

I'm about to go back into Trainz again (Whoa, such a short time, eh?)

Today, I'm going to start a tutorial on how to do a slightly advanced turnout system in a yard which can help with shunting, etc.

This tutorial will be saved on the server. :)

Edit: I've finished the tutorial and now it is up. :)

Last edited:
I've done three streams of me creating my route and i've also made a tutorial. However are people just not interested in this sort of thing? :(

I'm a little surprised that only a minimal number of people have responded to this thread. If people have ideas on how I can make it better, please do tell me. :(

Not too interested in watching someone else play a game, no. My children always want me to watch them play games on the Wii, or the PC, or on their DS consoles and I find it tedious as hell. All the time I'm feeling like; "Do this!" "Jump now!" "Get that power up!" Plus it's annoying to watch someone else move their view around. The player can anticipate what they are doing and going to do, but the watcher is a captive observer, and it's irritating!

My opinion only; would be interested to read the opinions of others...

watching someone work hmm running trainz different pair of shoes

deleted my comment

Last edited:
Tutorials then?

Feedback! Yay!

Well, I've put a tutorial up, would people be interested in more?

Also, during the actual live streaming, I wouldn't mind going over things while people watch and answering questions. The big thing is actually HAVING people watch and ask.

Sorry to be blunt here, but on Yard Extras, after watching 1 minute 49 seconds worth of the view spinning round and round, I gave up. I think you may be looking for a niche audience with this one.

Back