Light Rail Routes

On the DLS enter the search text "Tram" and select the category "Layouts". That will bring up 28 hits (as of today) most of which will be light railways.

I've checked the DLS I was wondering if anyone knew anywhere else i could look to download some routes

I agree that part of the issue is that there is no way of differentiating layouts by their type - e.g. heavy freight, commuter, industrial, light railway, etc. So it is up to the creator to put enough information in the layout title and/or description. This can and will make searching for what you want difficult, even when ignoring the ambiguity of what you mean by "good modern style".

But even then there would be regional and national differences over the definition of each type. For example: here in Australia a fully fledged heavy mineral and freight railway that operated in the late 19th to mid 20th centuries between Broken Hill (New South Wales) and Cockburn (South Australia) was officially named a tramway (the "Silverton Tramway") to get around state laws that prevented anyone other than the state government from operating a railway.

Back