"Kitbashed" Industry show & tell (1360X768)

Here are the Industries located in the Industrial Park.

"Brother" printers assembly plant. They recieve most of their parts in contaners from various overseas countries who manufacture the parts. arge companies like to do the final assembly here, in order to keep a close tab on the fina quality control. In this plant, they mainly assemble the larger network printers for corporate / professional office use. 30% of their products go right back into the containers to be shipped as finished product to other countries around the world. The rest is shipped by rail to the south-western states. A similar plant is located in San Francisco and Portland Oregon

This is a computer assembly plant. They build "emachines" computer. Mostly "off the shelf" models for discount electronics stores like "Best Buy" and "Circuit City". Most of their arts arrive in containers from various Asian countries.

This is "Nakano Electronic Components, a company partnered with Panasonic. They build controllers, timers and sensors used in anything from a blender to heavy machinery.

This is "Ryobi Power Tools", one of many manufacturing plant around the country. This one manufactures power hand tools, the sort you find at your local home improvement stores. They use cast aluminum tool bodies from China which arrives in containers.

This is "Sharp LCD TV". They assemble large format LCD HDTV from various parts arriving from overseas in containers. The finished product gets shipped to south western US States.

Cont's in next post . . .

Lastly, this is "Sun Mountain Sports Wear" They use materials in bolts arriving from various countries in containers. this is Sun Mountain's only apparel manufacturing facility. Other facilities manufactures the sporting gear products.

Lets see your Kit-bashed industries !!

This is Hendon Gasworks on my real life Sunderland route.I"ve built it from 1940s 25 inch to the mile OS maps from the local library.Unfortunately I only have one photo showing a small part of it, and like most industry in the UK it has gone except for the gasholders.In fact all that remains here now is a single rusting track which hasn"t been used for over 10 years.Hope the size of the shot is OK..I find the rezing on Imageshack vety hard to work..:(
hendongasworks2ds6.jpg

lewisner,

Now thats a nice industry !! Nice details.

Modeling something that use to exist is a challenge, to put it lightly.

I thought about using that bridge at the bottom left, but decided not to because it comes with "pre-textured" portion that didn't match my textures . . . If I'm thinking of the right one. Also it was troublesome to match the ground contours at the ends. I like your solution.

I like the feel of "its been there a while".

Great job !!

Got more ?? :udrool:

Thanks Edion, I also included the "Barking Dogs" sound effect here as there always seemed to be dogs barking but you never actually saw them...The bridge is not from the DLS but is a composite made of "Plate Girder 60' x 9'" and walls made of "Stone Retaining Wall Dirty" and a surface of "Wooden Crossing Boards".I find that making bridges by this method is more flexible than using prebuilt bridges as its possible to have any degree of skew or height...:wave:

This is Robsons Flour Mill in Sunderland.The actual factory closed in the 1950s though I"ve used artistic licence to keep it open till the mid 60s! I built it a few months ago without photos but a photo recently surfaced in a local history book, and I found I wasn"t far out, though the buildings need to be a bit taller.Note the bizarre track layout.The footbridge was actually concrete but I"ve made this one of a steel bridge with "Stone Retaining Wall Dirty sides and "Quay Steps" for the stairs...:eek:
robsonsflourmill2vg1.jpg

Wow ! Thats some crazy track layout . . . how do you get anything back there !

There's barely room for one loco ! And what is that double dead end track with a siding !:hehe:

The best one is the steaming sinking car :eek: I think the water should be a yucky green with a few dead fish floating . . . and maybe a bio-hazard sign around the pond. :hehe:

Very interesting. I do recognize those buildings.

Here's my small fishing dock. I took two built-in wharfs and placed them side by side, added two factorys, a few cars and a container. Then I placed a fishing boat next to it.
screen568lc5.jpg

screen569nq3.jpg

lewisner,

I see . . . I'm not familiar with UK operations at all.

Michael Evans,

Very nice. I like your sloping cobblestone that suggests boat launch area. I gotta remember that solution.

I know those buildings very well. They are very nice looking and very useful . . . except for the Japanese industry safety slogan on the side of the building on the left. The green cross in the middle is the logo/symbol for industrial safety organization in Japan . . . i think.

I can almost smell the fishes . :)

Got any more?

Oh, by the way . . . I have that orange semi . . . somewhere in my local folder but I can't find it. What was that asset called ?

Last edited:
This is Hylton Paper Mill on my Sunderland route with Hylton Quarry in the background.The main line runs East to West at a higher level and there are sidings controlled by Ford Works signalbox.Materials can be delivered by the 2 chutes in the centre or a 1 in 4 gradient cable hauled incline on the right.This was one of my earliest efforts in Surveyor and its due for a major upgrade, made more complex by the fact that the quarry is filled and the mill has long gone.The main line was closed in 1976 but relaid in 2002 and Metro trains run there now..:wave:
fordworks2qb6.jpg

Last edited:
Hello edion2

Nice Screenshots, your work is awesome.:) :D

Is it possible you can give me a kuid no for the green dump truck and the big bulldozer?

Regards

Ahsan:)
NAT Team

AHSAN

I've been laying low for a few weeks . . . anyway, the green dump truck is "built in" asset for 2006. Its called the "dumper".

My route has been growing steadily . . . and 2006 hates large routes. Every copy & paste operation takes about 90 seconds.

This is still work in progress but . . . Here is my CONTAINER PORT. I still need to work out some issues with the Proto-LARS but its nearly complete.

It can handle 30 well cars per track. Two UNLOAD tracks and two LOAD tracks. Most likely a train with 60 well cars with empty containers and "export" containers will first unload by splitting the train in two. Then each string will be taken to the LOAD tracks.

Adjacent to the container port will be the Autorack loading facility for import cars. That should be finished soon.

Wow just like in reality all those truckers sitting theyre waiting for lifts!
lol!

Anyways looks great wow I can imagine the frame rates are killer eh!

Dave =)

Back