Junction Controller

Roy3b3

Hi Guys, Has anyone used the Junction Controller V3 & Junction Controller Link? If so, what's the procedure to make it work? What type of junction would it be most effective with? Double crossovers? I'd like to hear from someone! Cheers Roy

Hi Roy,

Either will work and are very easy to configure. The JC V3 works well with double crossovers.

Here's how to do it:

1) Name your junctions to some name that's logical and easy to find. (It beats trying to find the Junctions with a really big number).
2) Place the Junction Controller V3 somewhere on your route. I place mine next to the junction I'm setting up so I don't have to hunt around for it should it need troubleshooting.
3) Use the "?" to choose the asset's configuration.

You then fill in the form.

1) Click Add rule.
2) Click on choose. There are two of them which correspond to one of the two junctions.
3) Choose whether the junctions are going to be left, center, or right.

Very simply, the form reads like this as an example:

If (junction 1) is set to left then (junction 2) is set to left.

Once you've setup your junctions, you are ready to use it in the session. The junction movement does nothing in Surveyor, but it works fine in Driver.

Now for the caveat.

As good as this is for its purpose, there is a caveat. The AI don't see other trains if they are in the middle of the crossing and will change the junctions on them. To avoid this, I recommend setting up some signals and some invisible junctions which are also controlled by the rule. You simply tie in an invisible junction and place a signal before it (in the flow of traffic). This will prevent the AI from pulling the tracks out from under another train on the tracks which has happened to me more than once.

I hope I explained this well. Others I'm sure can add to this.

John

I found that there are some characters that the controller would not recognize. Don't remember now what they were. If you get one that won't work, try renaming it.
Also, if fore some reason you have to delete a junction, then replace it, the controller will not recognize the new junction until you use the ? to open it then just close. Stumbled on that one when I replaced my track with so really good looking track. Drove me nuts for a little time!

Back