Internet Connection problem

Jokel317

Hello all. Im having a problem with my internet connection im running Windows Vista 32 bit Home Basic. HP Pavilion S3100N, AMD Athlon X2 dual core 2.1 GHz, 1.5 GB DDR2 ram, onboard Nvidia 6150 SE. When the computer start`s up I notice it take`s a few minutes for the internet connection to load slowing the computer down in the process. But when it does show up it stay`s stuck at identifying and will not connect. It say`s local access but the network cannot be accessed. This affects both my wired and wireless connection. Ive ran scans with Malwarebytes and Spybot S&D, Kapersky Rootkit remover, Kapersky free virus checker. I noticed the problem seemed to have started during the scan with Malwarebytes. I noticed the connection went down in the middle of the scan and Avira kept finding stuff. I was using Avira basic but it constantly nagged about upgrading to premium so I removed it. At the moment cannot run or install MS Security Essentials or AVG due to no internet connection. I was wondering if anybody here has experienced this problem and knew of some solutions for me. I would highly appreciate it as that is the computer I have Trainz on. Thank`s.

Last edited:
Do you have a PC that is working OK with the internet? Just to rule out that it's not a problem with a router or cabling or your ISP?

Usually unplugging the router and modem for a minute or so ... holding both reset buttons in for 10-60 sec ... resetting your ISP connection number.

Or call your ISP provider to get technical details on your ISP setup connection code/password/username.

Unplug your modem and router and let it sit for at least a minute to reset it. Oh, and make sure you remove the battery if there is one until the reset is over.

I got a working internet connection. The other computer of mine is on the same wired ethernet DSL connection. Which im on now. Last night I done little bit more exploring I discovered my DHCP/DNS Client services will not start up. On the affected computer.

Last edited:
Back