Installing to 2004

angelah

I know, I know, this has probably been here before and maybe I should know better.
This is my problem.
As you all know by now I prefer to create in 2004 so need to be able to install assets into it from a file I have downloaded them into, or off the Desktop, whichever.
But now I have 2006 on the second drive the CMP for that opens when I click the kuid to be installed so they don't go to 2004.
Is there a way round this please?

Angela

I know, I know, this has probably been here before and maybe I should know better.
This is my problem.
As you all know by now I prefer to create in 2004 so need to be able to install assets into it from a file I have downloaded them into, or off the Desktop, whichever.
But now I have 2006 on the second drive the CMP for that opens when I click the kuid to be installed so they don't go to 2004.
Is there a way round this please?

Angela
HI it is a well known fact that 06 will always take over kuid installation once it has been run either by opening CMP or just running it.
You need to put a shortcut for the trainz helper for 04 on your desktop.
Once you have it there double click to open then click save to close.
Do this before you open the browser and select a file to download.
When you now select to download the file the 04 helper will open and not CMP.
However if you run CMP or 06 then it will once again take over and if you want to make sure the files go to 04 make sure 06/Cmp has closed down then open and close the helper shortcut then open the browser.
One other thing if you have CDPs you need to install to 04 you will need a shortcut on your desktop for the 04 content dispatcher .
If you have ran 06 and closed it down if you click on any CDP it will open in CMP so first open and close the 04 content dispatcher before opening any Cdps

Last edited:
So many complex systems! Tafweb has a tiny utity called CDPSet you can run to quickly and easily swap manual cdp installations between 04 and 06 with a couple of mouse clicks. Get it near the bottom of this page.

Andy :)

Last edited:
Thanks

Thanks to all who posted with solutions.
I am able to get 04 to take the downloads now.

Angela

Back