Industry Help

spiffy101

Fan of Everything Train
I've developed a fun little steam-era railway out of city and country usa. Only problem is the industrys. Since I could not find the following

1. General Goods loader and unloader
2. Hay loader and unloader
3. Some kind of commodity that can be turned into goods loader/unloader
4. Cattle loader and unloader

I used the multi industry new. But due to many issues, I wish to try and find these. I was wondering if anyone made these or at least an easy substitute. I've heard about TPR's proto lars but I don't know which track loads what and then which cars I use to carry the load. Any help would be appreciated but please provide a link to third party sites and a kuid number for DLS items. Here's a list of commdities I'm using now.

1. Coal
2. Aluminum Rolling Slabs
3. Old West Hay
4. General Goods
5. Old West General Goods
6. Cattle
7. Oranges
8. Passengers
9 Old West Oranges?

Please and Thank you

Last edited:
I've developed a fun little steam-era railway out of city and country usa. Only problem is the industrys. Since I could not find the following

1. General Goods loader and unloader
2. Hay loader and unloader
3. Some kind of commodity that can be turned into goods loader/unloader
4. Cattle loader and unloader

Hi,

1. There is a General Goods unloader on the DLS, can't remember the kuid or name right now and I have a General Goods loader that I have created, going through testing at the moment.
2. There is one on the DLS, again can't remember the kuid or name right now.
3. Not sure on this, the Pulp Mill, consumes Woodchips produces General Goods?
4. Yes there is one on the DLS, consumes Hay and something else, also builtin Meat Packing Plant (I think) in TRS2006 consumes Cattle.

I will get some kuid numbers and names for you and will return, have to go out right now so I am in a rush... :)

Hi,

1. There is a General Goods unloader on the DLS, can't remember the kuid or name right now and I have a General Goods loader that I have created, going through testing at the moment.
2. There is one on the DLS, again can't remember the kuid or name right now.
3. Not sure on this, the Pulp Mill, consumes Woodchips produces General Goods?
4. Yes there is one on the DLS, consumes Hay and something else, also builtin Meat Packing Plant (I think) in TRS2006 consumes Cattle.

I will get some kuid numbers and names for you and will return, have to go out right now so I am in a rush... :)

1. The general goods unloader, combined with Auran's built in Warehouse solves one.

2. I'll look

3. Preferably a metal.

4. I'll look into stockyard, but not sure if there is a meat packing plant

4:
Meat packing plant consumes cattle, and is on the DLS; [FONT=Verdana, Arial]69695:106:3
Cattle feedlot produces cattle - also on the DLS;
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]50567:10027:2

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]
[/FONT]

1. The general goods unloader, combined with Auran's built in Warehouse solves one.

2. I'll look

3. Preferably a metal.

4. I'll look into stockyard, but not sure if there is a meat packing plant

Hi,

2. Do a search on the DLS for hayshed_ind or kuid 50567:1112661 by idiotbouy, produces haybales.

4. Do another search for feedlot or kuids 50567:10713 or 50567:10027 by idiotbouy, produces cattle, consumes haybales. Also, search for MeatPackingPlant or kuid 69695:106 by dalliance, consumes cattle.

Hope this helps more... :)

Just a few basic Questions......

What carries their hay. What car I mean, and what does it unload into.

Multiple industry new will work and so will proto lars provided that:

1) Did you download the product from the DLS? If not, goto download station set the filter to products and search for hay.

2) Did you in surveyor in rolling stock select a box car or gondola that exists in your route and press the "?" button. Then on the + sigh click it and add the product Hay to the list of goods a car can carry?

3) If using Multiple Industry New complete all four tabs of information?
a) choose product hay and set max - min the track can consume or produce. also optionally you can provide a starting inventory.
b) choose if you want to load or unload cars
c) place products that you want to produce after the + sign and products you want to consume before the + sign. Also choose how fast you want to produce or consume a product the default is 30sec. I generally use 300sec which is 5 min.
d) select the rolling stock you want to carry the product.

4) If using proto lars it is easier to set up with two drawbacks. First you have to have a Proto lars track specifically designed for the product you wish to set up and second every proto lars track I use has a default consume 1 product in one minute.

Hope this helps:)

4:
Meat packing plant consumes cattle, and is on the DLS; [FONT=Verdana, Arial]69695:106:3[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Cattle feedlot produces cattle - also on the DLS; [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]50567:10027:2[/FONT]

Thanks. I got those. Now which railcars carry Hay, (if any) and which railcars carry the steel coils that are produced by the steel coil loader on the DLS? Only goods left includes

1. Steel or other metal( For example what the builtin renfe cars carry.

Hi Spiffy

You can use many flatcars to carry hay and steel coils. Use the cars that Majekear has uploaded for us and when you place them in surveyor when you set up your train. After placing the cars click on the question mark and you will bring up a window showing what the car will carry and then you can add what you want it to carry. Try this and if you have any more questions post them here ok.:)

Bob

Well, I guess I can do that. I was hoping Pencil42 had a Hay producer since he has a hay car. How hard would it be to switch the commdoties around? For example, making the industry's produce the hay Pevcils cars carry, or make pencils car carry the hay besides doing it in surveyor. I'm looking at using 10 hay cars, but I don't want to individually add them. Well anyway, is there any industry that produces HPTrainz's aluminum commdoities or the steel loads that the built in renfe cars carry?

Last edited:
Hi,

To change what product/commodity an industry produces/consumes you would have to edit the config.txt file and change the kuid in the queues table. Rolling stock is the same, unless you just go through surveyor and add the products/commodity to the rolling stock by clicking on the black + sign in the properties box.

I messed around with the builtin flat wagon from the CCAS cds and added more products, mostly steel products for the wagon to carry, I'll have to start my other system and take a screenshot.

Edit: Screenshot: http://members.westnet.com.au/nightcrawler/trainz/flatcar.jpg

Last edited:
Well, the main problem with multi industry is that if it can't load the car (Can't load goods into a stockcar), it starts an error. I pulled onto a siding and the error was triggered. The train was disabled completely. I replaced the items on mainlines, but others that I can avoid have been switched. Thank you all for your help.

Hi,

That's strange, I have never known the multiple industry new to throw out an error if it can't load a wagon, it usually just ignors the wagon in question. I have quite a few multiple industry new spread all over my own layout and they run without problems.

I'll have to run a few tests and see what happens... :)

Hi,

That's strange, I have never known the multiple industry new to throw out an error if it can't load a wagon, it usually just ignors the wagon in question. I have quite a few multiple industry new spread all over my own layout and they run without problems.

I'll have to run a few tests and see what happens... :)
I have seen something similar but the error has been when the product is to be unloaded. I have been testing products and wagons over the last few weeks for other people and have found while if I have an error in the Multi Industry set up, the wagon normally just ignores the load/unload instructions. But as I am testing I want to see what is happening so if I click on the Multi Industry track the error comes up and I have a choice to continue or abort. Watching what the error message is will normally give you a clue as to what is wrong.

For many Products, and I have a few hundred, there are not always a specific industry for them so you use the Multi Industry Track and create your own. Place various Industrial buildings around and tracks going through them with one of the tracks being the Multi Industry track to load and then something similar for the unloading.

Hope this helps.

Craig
:):):)

Hi Craig,

Yeah, it must be in the way that the M.I.N has been setup as I can't get the error, i'll have to try harder... ;)

I know what you mean, a few buildings and a M.I.N track can just about do anything you want it to, imagination goes a long way... :)

Hi Craig,

Yeah, it must be in the way that the M.I.N has been setup as I can't get the error, i'll have to try harder... ;)

I know what you mean, a few buildings and a M.I.N track can just about do anything you want it to, imagination goes a long way... :)
Yeah, not sure what I did but I did it a couple of times :hehe: , I have some more testing of a new wheat wagon so I am sure to make this silly mistake again and then I will let you know.

Spiffy, while looking for something else I came across this little layout by Alberte (Zato) may help you a lot kuid 86311:1787. Another person to have a look at for ideas is Philskene 69871, he uses Multi Industries a lot and very well. Sometimes having a look at others work can give you some great ideas as well as new content.

Craig

Last edited:
Hi Craig --

I've only just discovered this thread.

Spiffy --

I've kept clear of the Multiple Industry New and have focused on LARS and ProtoLARS.

You might find this useful if considering LARS:

http://www.worldoftrainz.com/Pages/Tutorials_TRS2004/LARS-ProtoLARS-TutTRS.htm

Another suggestion - I do use interactive industries extensively in my routes. If you want a little fun and want see how it can all be put together, perhaps consider my YardSwitching or PortSwitching routes. They are small in size but big in (interactive) scope.

You will also find several sessions for them on the Download Station. Just search with philskene as the author.

Please tell us if this is useful.

Phil

Thanks Phil, I thought it was the other way around, shows how long I have looked at your work.

Just bookmarked the link for further reading, though I do remember looking for ProtoLARS (and the kit) on TPR not that long ago and could not find it. I may have used the wrong search feature or something has changed since there new Download area. I'll look again and ask this time.

Craig

Back