Industries.

Ghost42

Is there a rule or such to make two M.I,Ns to interact with each other as per built-in industries.
Not essential but would increase the amount of active industries even if only on your personal computer.
Hopefully not too deep in the dark art of Trainzscript.

The only one that I know of is the Power Station Rule.

Sets up a Power Station and its electricity consumers
Rule Properties:
  • <kuid:-25:746>
  • Base Rule
  • Minimum Trainz Build: 4.5 (TANE SP2) (earlier builds are available)

You identify the power station (which requires coal) and then a list of other industries that will only work (consume/produce) if the power station has coal.

Thanks for the info. I am struggling to keep the M.I.Ns consistently working with the Schedule Library, I'll try that rule and maybe have one industry producing continually.
The consists act like sheep one stops comunicating with its industry and they all follow suit. Apologies to the breed! :)

This may not be what you are looking for, but I use <kuid:160293:10060> Resource Verify Rule (fixed), to make may trains supply industries with the product they need to continue to operate. The driver schedule rule is a child rule to this. When the industry is in need of a product it tells the driver to load up that product and deliver it. Hope this is what you are trying to do.

I have successfully used <kuid2:160293:11001:1> Industry Link(TANE) to link industries...it was last autumn now but I set up a gas works where coal was dropped off at a separate loading pier and added to the 'master' BI3 industry and a similar setup for unloading coke via a separate output.
The point of that was to overcome the limitations of multiple industry/B13 only having one load/unload point but hopefully this will help...let me know if this is of interest and I will happily post some screenshots etc.

Kind regards,

Gary

This may not be what you are looking for, but I use <kuid:160293:10060> Resource Verify Rule (fixed), to make may trains supply industries with the product they need to continue to operate. The driver schedule rule is a child rule to this. When the industry is in need of a product it tells the driver to load up that product and deliver it. Hope this is what you are trying to do.

I am using the Schedule Library to set up the routes, Resource Verify Rule (fixed) to set up the industries/MINs, and the Driver Schedule Rule as a child to it.
Though I have used this combination many times before it is only recently they have given problems, latest being Oil Field 1 refusing to deliver crude. This could be caused by importing the route from TRS19 but there are umpteen industries and consists to re-program.
Thanks for the input.

Last edited:
I have successfully used <kuid2:160293:11001:1> Industry Link(TANE) to link industries...it was last autumn now but I set up a gas works where coal was dropped off at a separate loading pier and added to the 'master' BI3 industry and a similar setup for unloading coke via a separate output.
The point of that was to overcome the limitations of multiple industry/B13 only having one load/unload point but hopefully this will help...let me know if this is of interest and I will happily post some screenshots etc.

Kind regards,

Gary

This sounds promising and worth a try as you say industries can be formed at will with suitable buildings etc, thanks.

With so much frustration I returned to trs19, then found why I left to go up to TRS22.
'Missing asset' when trying to assign drivers in the Schedule.
The clue I found was that when making a mini test route everything works as intended.
I found the 'missing asset' is the driver itself, though popping up to be assigned initially they are not to be found in the database.
I now have to change at least ten drivers and cross fingers that all is well.....

Edit: I printed out a driver list from the database and am now renaming, this was indeed the glitch in the session, when complete I'll tackle a few extra industries using the 'Industry Link'.

Last edited:
Thanks for the offer, I can only find one reference to 'industry link', a video in French, so any further info will be gratefully received!

Edit: GaryReggae, the reply with quote failed! :)

Last edited:
Of course, here you go.
The magic happens with <kuid2:160293:11001:1> Industry Link(TANE)
Place one of these somewhere on your route and you will see it show as a yellow box.
Trainz-Industry-Link%2C-connecting-various-interactive-industries.jpg

Go into the properties of this cube and then Add Product Link.
Click the hyperlink under From and this will present a list of all the industries in your route - select the source.
Industry-Link-connects-interactive-industries-allowing-sharing-of-resources.jpg

Do the same for To
Then select the product you want to link, in this case coal is the only common product.

Now time to put this into practice. The gas works only has 10% coal to start with.

I set a driver in Driver Setup to drive to the unloading pit and unload the hoppers I have filled with coal and hey presto, the gas works has 22% and that is only after unloading 5 or so wagons.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,

Gary

I use this in my route which you can DL and look at how it is set up. <kuid:394799:100562> TRS-22 Lewis-Logman Transport V3. Check the "Steel Mill".

Ah good, so it is known to more than one person! :)

Oh, yes, my Fond du Lac Branch uses Mizi's IndustryLink at least once, converting delivered peas, beans, corn etc. into shipped animal feed both bulk and bagged. I usually place the link close to the involved industry for convenience. You can use more than one Link at once for different industries. IndustryLink has been around since at least 2009.

:B~)

When I click on the Add Product Link, nothing populates. Tried on brand new route with just coal mine and power station. Any suggestions? TRS22 ver 122127
Thanks

You need to set the (from-to) in order for it to see the product. Both industries need to have the product in their queues. The one receiving the product will not have the product listed in the tracks section. Hope this helps. If not PM me with an e-mail and I will send you an example.

Neither the From nor the To populate even when I manually type in their names. I've DL'd the two routes mentioned above, but have not yet had time to try them. Will report back after.

When I click on the Add Product Link, nothing populates. Tried on brand new route with just coal mine and power station. Any suggestions? TRS22 ver 122127
Thanks

Same here.... Now thatI havelisted both products, lumber, general Goods I now have the product listed but still needs tweaking in rhe MINs no doubt.

Last edited:
Same issue on the downloaded routes. Just reinstalled base game, works there. So something got screwed on my side.
Next, update to beta.

Have it working! lumber to general goods.
Lumber MIN: q1 lumber, unload only.
gen goods MIN : q1 gen goods, q2 lumber
consume lumber, x amount
produce gen goods, x amount
load gen goods.
Watching the gen goods output it matches the lumber input.

I had to crawl through the French video to see how the MINs are set up.
Looking forward to more industries on my route, thanks for the help.

Back