Incompatible Spline

Yorkshire

I am modifying one of my existing routes and have added some new track. When I try to add a signal, I get the message 'Incompatible Spline'. I have checked that I am working in the right layer and that nothing is locked, but whatever I do, I get the same message. Any ideas please!!??

Close whatever you are working on and go into Content Manager.
Change the filter to track packaged to false

Select all the track.
Open for edit. If you have a lot of tracks installed, select a bunch at a time rather than all at once.

Wait a minute...

With the track still selected, revert to original. You might want to do this process too in bunches as well.

This will reset your track back to track.

The issue has something to do with the database and N3V has been unable to figure this one out as well after I reported this a couple of years ago. It doesn't occur often anymore but occasionally it does rear up its ugly head.

Or... There may be a terrain spline below the track, like an embankment or ballast spline. The game thinks you are trying to add a signal to that instead of the track.

Usually if that's it, clicking a few times while slightly moving the mouse will enventually get you on the sweet spot for Surveyor to see the track and the signal will place.

For a better solution, put that spline on its own layer and then *lock* it. Surveyor will now act like the spline isn't there.

Many thanks for your suggestions and guidance. Will spend part of the day following through. I don't think it is due to a another spline, it is happening wherever I try to install a signal. Will report back if I get it resolved!

Thanks again

Yorkshire

Back