Importing cdp from TRS2019 route not working [SOLVED]

RobKi

I created a route in TRS2019, called LTM-3a-19. Using 19's content manager I exported this route to cdp. I closed all TRS19 windows, then spent some time elsewhere to allow all TRS19 processes to finish, and fired up TRS2022.

From the 22 launcher, I opened the content manager and imported the cdp that I had just created. The route shows up in the content manager, but under a different name (of another route) and as being Open for editing. I open it in Windows Explorer, and there are all the LTM-3a-19 map files etcetera, plus a "config.chump" file. Opening this with a flat text editor, I can see that this chump thing contains all the correct data.

Yet the LTM... route is not findable under its own name in the Content manager, nor is it listed when I start the game under Routes - All. Something is going wrong here, but what? Your suggestions are welcome!

Last edited:
Sounds like it had the same Kuid in TRS19 that a route already had in TRS22. All assets are managed by their KUIDs, names don't matters. Check the kuids.

I'm sorry @wreeder, but what you are saying is impossible. The route that I created <kuid:826856:100007> does not have the same kuid as the one that's already in TRS22 <kuid2:661281:110093:1>.

You had an asset of yours in TRS22 with the same kuid number. If you import an asset with the same kuid it gets placed in the open for edit folder. CM will show the original asset name until you submit the imported asset or do a DBR.

Well, it may not be what happened in this case but it is hardly impossible. I was basing my opinion on the fact that you imported an asset and found an asset open for edit. This is the expected behavior when you attempt to overwrite an asset with the same version of the asset. CM opens the imported asset for editing to give you the choice to overwrite by submitting the asset or reverting to the original. If that is not what happened in this case I have to assume you have a problem with your database that needs to be repaired.

Solved! It suddenly dawned on me that I had tried out a few of the TRS22 routes that were new to me, and that I had saved those trial sessions. And lo and behold, one of the kuids that TRS22 created for these sessions was identical to that of my TRS19 route. In the content manager I deleted those sessions, and had no difficulty importing the TRS19 route cdp.

In other words, @wreeder and @stagecoach were right all along - thank you, folks!

Now it's on to the next task: solving all the 'Packaged, Obsolete' and 'Missing dependencies' problems. But I'm glad that the route ported well to TRS22.

It's often better to disable "Packaged, Obsolete" packages, especially obsolete mesh libraries could be the reason for errors.

Peter

On a related but slightly different note: I would like to import a trs19 route to trs22 on Mac but I just can't find the 19 version on my Mac. The 22 stuff is all in my Users folder in a rather higgledy-piggledy fashion that reminds me of Windows, but at least I can see them. I can find my trs19offline installer in the same folder, but no associated files. Are there any Mac experts who can tell me where my trs19 routes are? I should have at least three, but I can't see them anywhere.

So I downloaded the official guide. I can do Step 3: Navigate to your Userdata, but I can't do Steps 1 & 2 because I have no idea what "Content Manager" is. Is this a Windows thing? Oh, I also made the mistake of pressing Command E, whose results were so terrible that I had to turn the power off!!!

So I downloaded the official guide. I can do Step 3: Navigate to your Userdata, but I can't do Steps 1 & 2 because I have no idea what "Content Manager" is. Is this a Windows thing? Oh, I also made the mistake of pressing Command E, whose results were so terrible that I had to turn the power off!!!
Content Manager is what we use to install content in Trainz from the Download Station (DLS) and from CDP files.

With CDP files, you can sometimes, well mostly, drag and drop them on to the Content Manager program and they will install. The other method is to use the File Import Content Files. This option requires you to browse for your CDP file(s) to install them. The drag and drop is the quickest and easiest method for installing CDP files.

The other thing you mentioned, browsing for the User Data folder sounds a bit off from importing a CDP file.

Content Manager is what we use to install content in Trainz from the Download Station (DLS) and from CDP files.

With CDP files, you can sometimes, well mostly, drag and drop them on to the Content Manager program and they will install. The other method is to use the File Import Content Files. This option requires you to browse for your CDP file(s) to install them. The drag and drop is the quickest and easiest method for installing CDP files.

The other thing you mentioned, browsing for the User Data folder sounds a bit off from importing a CDP file.
The instructions I downloaded mention Content Manager and Manage Content as if they are different things. I use the latter to download from DLS. I don't know any Content Manager.

I should add that my biggest problem is identifying my trs19 routes. The one route I am creating in trs22 is clearly labelled with the name I gave it, but the four 19 routes I have do not appear under their names anywhere I can find. I deliberately made some unnecessary additions to one route so I could search for changes made "today"; that showed up about half a dozen programs or somethings that had been changed, but nothing with a recognisable name.
This is presumably some kind of clash between Macintosh and Trainz.

The instructions I downloaded mention Content Manager and Manage Content as if they are different things. I use the latter to download from DLS. I don't know any Content Manager.
They are both one and the same. Unfortunately, the naming convention of common things here is not all that consistent.

In Content Manager, found by clicking on Manage Content on the Launcher, you can find your routes imported from TRS19. Any route from TRS22 is at least 5.1 or higher whereas TRS19 is lower than that.

At the moment, I am stumped - no gob-smacked. The latest update to Build 123844 has wiped the route I was working only yesterday and substituted an old version that was barely begun and then scrapped. Right now, I am not in the mood for messing with trains at all.

At the moment, I am stumped - no gob-smacked. The latest update to Build 123844 has wiped the route I was working only yesterday and substituted an old version that was barely begun and then scrapped. Right now, I am not in the mood for messing with trains at all.
I'm not so pleased either. I'm reverting to the previous version. I have struggled all day with 6830 assets with missing dependencies

With effort, I tracked the correct file down in the "backups", but of course it does not appear in "Installed", and I don't know how to get the fairly large, though by no means completed route I want back into the game.

Back