I might as well submit my résumé for helping out on this

petrama25's Silverliner-IV W.I.P.
8257fe5fe7e906a9124ede61e9784582.jpg

JR's new coaches in phase IV
c35863a47bb9b2eaf39630ac422de8d6.jpg

U-Bahn light rail in the Sound Transit colors
2c1b10a9292ba191f81abd805fa5f403.jpg

Cheers, and I would love to help out

I would like to announce new members and new friends. Landshark229, Southern1851, and MontanaWestern to the project and group. Thanks for volunteering guys.

Last edited:
Progress on 1630 and the route is coming along nicely. I would also like to thank 210009222 for volunteering to join and help out our group. Thanks again to all the friends and volunteers helping us out.

Just wanted to put a small update up noting that the team and I will be breaking for Christmas and will pick up again afterwards.

We do however have some major progress done on the train barns.

Just wanted to put a small update up noting that the team and I will be breaking for Christmas and will pick up again afterwards.

We do however have some major progress done on the train barns.

I'll second that, we're all still alive here. Worst comes to worst, we end up stuck in from the snow and are forced to resort to Trainz to survive.

Cheers, and Merry Christmas

Project Update: New Members & Route Extension

Hey all, just a small and quick update. We are now up to 13 members on this project thanks to Enzo1, Tweetsiedude, CSXT17 and Applegathc for volunteering. Thanks again guys.

Now as for the route extension. We are planning to build from Chicago to Clearing Yard on the Elgin sub as well as the IHB. (this is susceptible to change) Lots of work to be done. However, our team is striving for prototypical accuracy.

Once complete, users will be able to travel via UP, BNSF, Amtrak, Metra and Metra electric as well as "visit" both the IRM and Fox River Trolley Museum since they are both along the line.

Last edited:

Many a railfan know this location well. Serving as a crossroads at the lower end of the Indiana Harbor Belt and B&OCT corridors, with the Iowa Interstate, CN/CSX Elsdon Sub and the Rock Island District also playing parts, Blue Island is thee go-to hotspot for Chicago foaming.
Train after train after train rolls across the Broadway St crossing's eight tracks...so many in fact, sometimes the gates stay down for fifteen minutes or more. If trains aren't passing by as run-thru's, many trains are going to and from two major yards just around the corner,
CSX' Barr Yard and IHB's Blue Island Yard. Metra connects at Blue Island/Vermont Station on the RI District...and Metra Electric also makes a stop on their Blue Island Branch. In summation, a red-hot location for railfan action....in the day time. (yes, stay out of there at night, folks!)

Last edited:
Well, /g/ents, I do believe an update is in order. From the looks of it, I'll have a new skin done soon. BRC GP23ECOs and GP40s will be finished here soon.

f6ba123f6a174895953d09762ead8912.png

Last edited:
Back