If I purchase a Gold Plus membership how many routes do I get access to?

Shadowhawk

Hi Guys,

Just discovered this game and I'm about to start exploring but I have a auestion.
If I purchase a Gold Plus membership how many routes do I get access to?

Thanks.

At the top of this page click MyTrainz and then on Trainz Store. Scroll down till you see DLC. As a gold member, you have access to all DLC assets whilst membership is active only.

Welcome to Trainz, Shadowhawk.

When downloading your DLC, make sure you download no more than 4 items at a time. If you do more than that, it can lock up and you'll have to end the task. I found out the hard way myself with that.

Also be aware that you might be dissappointed with some routes/sessions. Some are old and sessions don't work properly. Some run OK but if you save a "game" mid-session and re-load it later it won't work properly. Most of these issues have been reported but they never get fixed. Realize that most (almost all?) routes are NOT produced by N3V/Trainz but but users ("content creators"). The content is sold by N3V by agreement with the creators. Sometimes the original works fine. But once it goes into the DLC pipeline it pretty much "is what it is." Sometimes they get fixed but it takes a while. Sometimes the paid sessions never work. Thus, many people just learn how to create their own sessions. There are many very good freeware routes on the in game DLS. (Download Station). Many are better than some DLC/Payware routes. Many are awful. You will learn to identify the good content creators. You will download many routes and delete them forever. You will download others and run the over, and over, and over....

Last edited:
Learn how to use the in game Download Manager (Manage Content on launch panel.) It's very valuable. Make sure you have all columns present and learn how to do the "filters." Ask if you can't figure things out...

Ok I checked it out but I'm not sure what to do with it :D

Also the HD textures, are they only for Surveyor 2.0 or will they be in-game eventually?

HD Terrain is a Surveyor 2.0 only feature - if you switch from Surveyor 2.0 to Surveyor 1.0 (or Classic) in Trainz Plus you will lose the ability to edit and add to the existing HD Terrain. HD is incompatible with Surveyor 1.0

That's a shame, would love to have HD in-game.
By "in-game" do you mean in Driver? If so then the answer is yes. HD Terrain is created and edited in Trainz Plus Surveyor 2.0 but also displays in Trainz Plus Driver. I understand (but there is some argument in other threads over this) that HD Terrain is visible in TRS22 Platinum Driver as well but cannot be edited in TRS22 Premium Surveyor 2.0

Back