I need an explanation for 2019 NA Edition

Alco_P-A

Here is something that a customer has run into when trying to install a boxed set of the NA Edition which I have not experienced with boxed sets. When the product key code is put in it automatically starts a digital download and will not accept the discs. Any idea what's going on here?
Alco_P-A

Bit more information required here. To get to the part where the program prompts you for the product key code, I presume that the program had already largely been installed from the disk(s) onto your HDD?
If that is the case, then what it is attempting to do is to authenticate your product and then to helpfully download the optional packages and updates available for that particular boxed product.
If that isn't the case, then I'd suggest contacting the Helpdesk at the link above.

After product key code is put in it starts a digital download right away without asking to put in any discs at all.
Alco_P-A

Last edited:
The digital DL started right after the key code was put in. Was not even told to put in disc 1 Online digital DL just started automatically.

The digital DL started right after the key code was put in. Was not even told to put in disc 1 Online digital DL just started automatically.
You should have run setup/install from the disc initially, otherwise how would the computer know to use the disc. A computers output is only as good as the input.:)

For whatever reason after product key code is put in it starts the digital DL immediately. Doesn't ask to install the discs.

Plainly N3V think you should have the latest version of TS2019 NA Edition whether you want it or not. What happens if the internet connection is switched off?

The last time I used discs to install Trainz it was UTC and TS2004 so I really don't know how the recent boxed sets of discs are set up. For digital versions of Trainz an internet connection is essential, but I thought the whole point of having discs was that downloading wasn't necessary.

Hi Alco_P-A
Where is the serial number being 'put in'?

Where is the download appearing? Is it appearing within the Trainz app, or in an internet browser, or somewhere else?

I'd strongly recommend forwarding any customers seeing issues to our helpdesk at http://support.trainzportal.com (they would need to log in, then use the troubleshooter) as this way we can look into any issues for them.

Please note, if a Trainz version is out of date then it will ask the player if they wish to install the available update(s). The boxed edition of the TRS19 North American edition will need at least 1 update installed from memory.

Additionally, when the player starts Trainz (ie clicks on 'start trainz'), they will be shown an option to install any available DLC packs; this will include the North American edition routes. Otherwise these routes can be installed manually from the disc using the instructions here: https://support.trainzportal.com/in...installing-additional-trs19-content-from-disk

Regards

Back