How to print out list of my routes.

rivet100a

Hi all;

I'm using TRS2006.
Is there any way that I can produce a text-file list of my installed routes (layouts) ?
I currently paste screen captures of Vistamare's Trainzmap output into IrfanView and print them out as graphics files.

Since I have approximately 200+ routes between Driver and Surveyer, this procedure requires the stitching together of about 10 screen captures.

I see that there is a data file in the Trainzmap folder that contains the information that I'm after, but I lack the necessary skills to write a program or script or whatever to "dig" it out.

Is there perhaps some other means to achieve my goal ?

best regards to a great bunch of people,

Ray

In CMP you can restrict the list down to the routes you want; select them and right click the list; select "copy to clipboard" then paste it in text document (notepad, word) you can then print that list.

If thats what you want to do?

peter

Peter, Hi

Thanks for the help.
It worked out great.
However, I wish there were some way of restricting the CMP search to not include the routes on the DLS.
I had to scroll down through 3242 lines to select, copy, and paste just non-DLS routes into Wordpad--but I did it.
I now have the list that I wanted--Many thanks.

Of course I've created a bit of a monster because now, as I install new routes , I'll need to manually update my list (so as not to have to cull through CMP again).

best regards, Ray

in the search area; click the plus button. in the new feild that shows up scroll down to "Location" then in the sub field; pick "Local" however this will include built in routes.

peter

Peter;
Hello again,
Now you tell me--:'(
....[in the search area; click the plus button. in the new feild that shows up scroll down to "Location" then in the sub field; pick "Local" however this will include built in routes.]

That solution is even better.
Took me only a minute, instead of the 45 minutes I spent this afternoon doing it the hard way.

Once more, I thank you for taking the time to help me.

best regards, Ray

your welcome. I only discovered the Copy to clipboard aspect a couple days before you asked. :D

Anyways thats what the forum is here for; asking and getting help.

peter

You learn something everyday

Peter and Ray,

I just followed your advice above and found that if you add a third search

filter "Locally Modified" it removes the built-in content from the list. Hope this

makes it a bit easier.

Les.

Locally modified may not show all non-builtin assets if you haven't OFE/commit them.

To eliminate builtin

use builtin false

Back