How Do I Make The Built-in Font Colors White Or Light Up At Night?

jjeff1955

I want my Street Signs and Highway Sign's Text to be seen at night. I need to know how to make them show up at night on lighted Signs.

I have tried to set the Text Colors in the Config File to 255,255,255 with no effect at night.
When I go into night mode they just go completely Black in color.:(

Is there a built in base setting for the font brightness settings?
Thank You in advance for any help.:)
jjeff1955

Thanks for that info. I kind of of figured that was the issue.
I do not give up easily, I will find a way some how. Lol.

Don't think it has anything to do with PBR or not

kind name effect uses a few fonts you can select
to generate the text you see at a specific attachment point
size, font and color you can change,
but not what it does at night (selfillumination fi)
nor the alignment or normal/bold/italic
so it's 1 to add to the wishlist in suggestion boxcar forum

To do this, Jon I think you need to create a night-mesh for your nighttime sign. The daytime letters are one level with a specific color and the nighttime letters are lit using the night-mesh and night. This is the same as any scenery object such as a building with windows that light up at night.

"mesh-table" container - TrainzOnline (ts2009.com)

Thank You John.
I forgot about the night mesh setups. I will do that and see how it works. Thanks a bunch for that info.:)

To do this, Jon I think you need to create a night-mesh for your nighttime sign. The daytime letters are one level with a specific color and the nighttime letters are lit using the night-mesh and night. This is the same as any scenery object such as a building with windows that light up at night.

"mesh-table" container - TrainzOnline (ts2009.com)

Ok your idea did work partially, the Sign back Board now lights up at night, but the Font
turns from the Color White to Black, and is hard to read at night. Fonts need to have the e emissive color added to the config.
i will suggest that in the Box Car Forum as suggested.

Back