How do I make the 2019 build of my choice work on my comp.?

I just put in a new SSD to use for 2019.

The build I want is on my granddaughters computer at her house.

If I just copy everything from her comp and paste it in my new SSD and then use the start-up file, I am assuming that, that won't work, or will it?

Do I download from N3V what ever 2019 build they offer and then replace the new files with the ones I copy from her computer?

Background:

I originally paid for a digital download to get 2019 on her machine and the ones on my machine are all paid for.

The mistake I think I made was in getting a Gold Membership. After signing up for the Gold, I believe that my machine was automatically updated to a 2019 Trainz Plus build that is not compatible with the route and sessions that I was driving.

For some reason, even though accessing the game on her machine is through my credentials but her build has not been automatically updated, which makes me wonder if I just clicked on a wrong button to ruin my machines build!

I know a lot of you people out there have multiple game and build copies but I just don't know how to manage that.

I wish N3V would just provide or allow someone to provide a library of past builds that I could just find a "good for me" build in and download it!

Thanks

Wild Willy the Wacko

I believe you go to your account at the store and look for digital downloads and you should see all your files that you've paid for and it should also tell you which version it is and you'll have to look at them and then you should have a good idea of what's going on

I don't think it is that easy !

I believe you go to your account at the store and look for digital downloads and you should see all your files that you've paid for and it should also tell you which version it is and you'll have to look at them and then you should have a good idea of what's going on

I have done that and I think what happened was instead of getting the build that I originally bought, I think I got a download of the most recent build which doesn't work for me.

If it were possible to get what I originally bought, it may be possible to incrementally update to the build that used to work for me but I would guess that I would be forced to update to the most recent build anyway.

I appreciate the response and I will take another look and who knows, maybe by now, the most recent build would have corrected the problems I have had.

Wild Willy the Wacko

If you have a newer build version then any older build version will run in it. If you have a CDP of the route and session, just import it to your build and then download any assets needed. If the route was a DLC package then you can not move it. Just download it again from the store.

On my granddaughter's comp. I don't think anything I care about is broke !

In which case it is already corrupted and it would make no difference which version you had.
See this post
https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...p-after-transfer-to-TRS19&highlight=trs19+sp4

I can't off top of my head remember what build number of 2019 is on her comp. but if I could somehow transfer that build to my comp. I could be happy. I know I have saved changes to the sessions on her's and everything is fine.

Maybe I should sneak over there and steal her comp. while she is at school !

Wild Willy the Wacko

I went to My Trains - My Digital Downloads - Trainz 2019 Platinum, and it has version 114800 installer available for Download. I think that is an early version and then maybe you could patch up to the level you want from there? You might want to check and see if you have the same thing. EDIT: I guess this is the same idea Blue had, so maybe that did not work for you. Apologies for the duplicate.

Last edited:
You are correct regarding your account. Instead of there being individual versions of TRS19 and up, there is a single download that's modified locally based on your account settings. This means if you were to install the version you want then update, you'll go automatically to the latest version.

The way to go about this is to download 114800 and save that download to disk rather than do an online install. The reason for this is to save the digital download in case you need to install again because as time goes on and should there be another service pack you'll end up with that latest version as your base.

Once you've installed 114800, do not update. When prompted to update to the latest versions, cancel the prompt, or better yet use the pulldown to choose remind me in 7-days, or however it's written. The reason for this is to keep your version where you want it.

Thanks, you inspired me !

You are correct regarding your account. Instead of there being individual versions of TRS19 and up, there is a single download that's modified locally based on your account settings. This means if you were to install the version you want then update, you'll go automatically to the latest version.

The way to go about this is to download 114800 and save that download to disk rather than do an online install. The reason for this is to save the digital download in case you need to install again because as time goes on and should there be another service pack you'll end up with that latest version as your base.

Once you've installed 114800, do not update. When prompted to update to the latest versions, cancel the prompt, or better yet use the pulldown to choose remind me in 7-days, or however it's written. The reason for this is to keep your version where you want it.

After reading this, instead of replying immediately, I went straight to my account to do downloads before they disappear !!!!

I thought it was strange that in the list I see a " Standard " and a " Platinum " version of 2019 and off the top, I don't know what the difference is but they were both identical size " on disk " and seemed to have identical identifiers:

"Download size: 9.6GB
Build: 114800
MD5: 94227930a67c0004a645fef6ae50009b"

the above was reported for both versions. Thay are both supposed to be SP4 which I assume was not what I originally paid for, that should be SP0 or SP1 because I though I bought 2019 as soon as I heard about it although my memory does not work very well.

While on a roll, I also got an installer for TANE and it says that it is for SP4 but I stumbled over a list of updaters that look interesting and was wondering if anyone can remember what the best build for TANE was because I have a DVD set of TANE which is my preferred way of archiving my games as it would provide the " REAL " beginning point for updating.

Thanks for the never ending help to these fora !

Wild Willy the Wacko

I found something curious in my " Downloads " folder ........

I have two off line installers for 2019 SP3 build 111951 but the one I got on 13JAN22 says:

Size: 9.45 GB (10,148,151,987 bytes)

Size on disk: 9.45 GB (10,148,155,392 bytes)

the one I got on 26JUN22 says:

Size: 9.47 GB (10,173,618,858 bytes)
Size on disk: 9.47 GB (10.173,706,240 bytes)

So, I guess if I wanted to use build 111951 I assume I need to install both and see if there is a difference or is one file just a better installer????

" You know what, Jane, there's always something!"

Wild Willy the Wacko

I don't disagree with you but......

Junes may have a minor update/correction.

What if that " minor update/correction " was the thing that caused my problems?

If seems to me that there would not be any changes without them calling it another different build number!

Wild Willy the wacko

Back