How can an active forum membership be cancelled

CitMusJoe

Trainz User
I'm wondering how to terminate a forum membership correctly. So I have some questions about:

1. Is a forum membership mandatory for using any Trainz further?

2. Can someone please help me with an account cancellation?
I didn't find hints within the 'Settings' nor 'My Profile'. Maybe I'm getting old.

3. How can all my personal data be deleted by myself? I understand that thread-texts can't be removed.

4. Can someone purchase a FCT without a forum account for further faster DLS access while using Trainz?

5. Anything else I have to pay attention for?

Many thanks in advance for clarifying.

You don't need a forum membership to use Trainz or the DLS. I'm sure there are users who have never seen these forums. As for your other questions, I would contact the Helpdesk.

Just don't show up. There's no reason to cancel it unless there are issues you can't discuss here. If that's the case do as boc61 says and contact the helpdesk.

1. Forum membership is not but you will need the account in order to purchase store items and receive patches, updates, or support. You also need it in order to use the DLS ( gotta be logged in). The two are tied together for user simplification. Otherwise, you'd have two passwords.

2. Is this in regard to the TRS19+ Subscription? If so, you'll need to access your account portal. On this page, at the top is a blue bar with a number of tabs. Click on the 'my trainz' tab. From there you should be able to cancel your sub.

3. For whatit's worth, personal information security has never been much of a problem here, and the mods are quick to snip it out when it shows up (emails, addresses, phone numbers, etc). However, if you'd like the peace of mind you can review all of your posts from your forum profile page. That would be 'my profile' at the very top of the screen. Please do not edit your posts though, doing so will bump them back up to the top of the pile. If you do find one of posts that you feel needs to be censored, write down all relevant information about it (sub forum location, thread name, post number). Only then contact helpdesk to get their opinion.

4. Explained in #1.

5. The forums are a great resource for new and upcoming stuff, along with other things and events going on. While posting and other forms of participation isnt mandatory, visiting and browsing the subs is a great way to enjoy the hobby from afar. And hey, we all have our bad days. Goodness knows I've made the mistake of showing up here grouchy more than once. It happens! And these guys are good guys, I can assure you they have no inclination to proliferate your personal data.

Hope this helps and hey have a merry Christmas Joe!

5. The forums are a great resource for new and upcoming stuff, along with other things and events going on. While posting and other forms of participation isnt mandatory, visiting and browsing the subs is a great way to enjoy the hobby from afar.
This is true, I would like to participate in the screenshots and videos section but it is locked.

IT should not be locked for you, make sure you are logged in at the top right of the forums page...
Unfortunately it is locked even when I log in top right.

There are also many other forums which are locked, I opened a ticket at the Helpdesk a few hours ago and hope for a solution.

Unfortunately it is locked even when I log in top right.

There are also many other forums which are locked, I opened a ticket at the Helpdesk a few hours ago and hope for a solution.

Does occasionally happen, it happened to me, help desk will sort it out.

I log into the Trainz Gallery on the opening Trainz Gallery page where it displays the tabs "Recent Activity" and "Search Media" only (no other tabs).

Just below those tabs and on the extreme right is the message "Please login to fully use all of the Galleries features". I click the login and enter my forum ID and password.

Back