Hepl! Locomotive invisible in Driver.

John514

Ambient Occlusion addict
I`m trying to make my own locomotives for TS12.
I managed to make one (its just a brick block:eek:, but you get the idea).
But it apears only in Railyard. No missing deps/errors.. In surveyor its OK, but in driver its totaly invisible yet drivable:eek:

kuid <kuid2:750413:21062:1>
username "KOEFGMAXTEST"
description "Another model created in Google SketchUp and exported to Trainz with RubyTMIX."
trainz-build 2.9
kind "traincar"
category-era "2010s"
category-region "US"
author "John514"
organisation "ME"
contact-email "john514@hotmail.gr"
light 1
engine 1
enginespec <kuid:-1:1>
mass 1000
category-class "ZX"

mesh-table
{
{
mesh "koefgmaxtest.im"
auto-create 1
}

shadow
{
mesh "koefgmaxtest.im"
auto-create 1
}
}

thumbnails
{
{
image "thumbnail.jpg"
width 240
height 180
}
}

kuid-table
{
bogey <kuid:-10:149>
}

bogeys
{
bogey
{
reversed 0
bogey <kuid:-10:149>
}
}

Please notice that the mesh is made in Sketchup. Since I had a succesfull export as a scenery item, I`m trying to convert it to a Loco.

Only thing I see that jumps out at me is the shadow mesh should not have auto-create 1. What I would try is clone a working 2.9 engine, replace the body mesh with your mesh, see if the problem is in the mesh itself or the configuration of the new loco.

73045736.jpg

That's an F7 with a bush mesh replacing the body shell.

Still, replacing a working locomotive`s mesh with my mesh just has these results:
Driver
John514_20130116_0011_zps7e724a60.jpg

Surveyor
John514_20130116_0012_zps9cb71545.jpg

If the original loco works correctly in driver and all you did was replace the mesh with your mesh and that does not appear in driver, then the obvious conclusion is the mesh itself has a problem. Need to go back to the 3D program and find out what that is.

It's not going to work as a train vehicle without attachment points. Which you can't do in Sketchup, you'll need to import the model into Blender and add them.

Paul

So thats why! Thank you! Can I use PEV`s attachment maker? ( I mean, what attachments must be made?)

Back