Help with passenger loading

Jaykob8

I got some coaches from spaintrainzrutas.com and there is no faulty assets or missing ones. The coaches are supposed to get passengers (I can set the initial number of passengers), but I can't load or unload the coaches. The kuid for passengers is <kuid:-3:10060> and it works with other wagons that use that kuid as their load. Does anyone know a way around this?

What Trainz version are you using?

I noticed something odd with Trainz Plus the other day. I was running a tram route and the passengers didn't leave the station platforms and didn't appear inside the trams. If you are seeing something similar, I'll submit a bug.

I'm using TANE 105766 and I've been trying to reinstall old routes from the classic days of Trainz (they mostly work), but I've wanted to swap out the older vehicles in place of their enhanced graphic ones to make me relive a session in "RTX-on mode". For some reason, this website I've been downloading uses highly-detailed rolling stock that is "for Trainz 2009-12". However, when I've downloaded a lot of stuff made from that era into TANE, it mostly worked. I just had to fix a few faulty dependencies. The problem for this is that the build number is 2.2 for the coaches while the route I'm playing on (Iberia Interior 2011, which is a remaster of Iberia Interior 4 from TRS2006) is build 2.9 and I just can't simply update the build number on the coaches. Is there a way around this?

both the passenger cars and the station have to have same kuid of passengers, if not they will not load or unload.

I'm using TANE 105766 and I've been trying to reinstall old routes from the classic days of Trainz (they mostly work), but I've wanted to swap out the older vehicles in place of their enhanced graphic ones to make me relive a session in "RTX-on mode". For some reason, this website I've been downloading uses highly-detailed rolling stock that is "for Trainz 2009-12". However, when I've downloaded a lot of stuff made from that era into TANE, it mostly worked. I just had to fix a few faulty dependencies. The problem for this is that the build number is 2.2 for the coaches while the route I'm playing on (Iberia Interior 2011, which is a remaster of Iberia Interior 4 from TRS2006) is build 2.9 and I just can't simply update the build number on the coaches. Is there a way around this?
Don't update the build-number on the coaches. Use them as they are because if you update the build-number you introduce new faults.

Older assets will import fine for the most part into newer versions of Trainz such as those from TRS2004 and TRS2009 into T: ANE. The reason is the error-checking in the newer versions of Trainz has code in it to ignore most of the obsolete methods used in older content. As long as the older content plays by the rules, then it'll load up and work fine. By updating the build-number, you will introduce faults because the new build-number tells the program that these are new assets and the new assets are using obsolete or incorrect methods and this will cause the program to reject the assets.

As far as the obsolete passenger KUID goes, your program should ignore that and replace that automatically (internally) with the latest one. If that doesn't occur, you can edit the config.txt file and replace the -3 KUID with the one that works. In the config.txt file, accessed by right-clicking on the asset and choosing Open... configuration text file, you will need to replace this line twice.

Once replaced, save the config.txt file and submit your asset. If all goes well, the passenger car will work fine.

Done all of that, but the coaches and the AJS station use the -3 KUID for passengers. All of a sudden, I can't load up or unload passengers with any passenger vehicles now (at AJS stations). I did not tamper with the build version. I deleted T:ANE and reinstalled, there is still that problem.

May not help but I found that I needed BOTH Unload and Load for a station to manage the passengers. This is in 2022 and may not be valid in Tane.

Prod passenger 2012 kuid <kuid:-25:1235> is the newest that I have that overwrites the older kuids shown.
obsolete-table
{
0 <kuid:-3:10060>
1 <kuid:-3:11060>
2 <kuid:-3:11061>
3 <kuid:-3:110060>
4 <kuid:-3:12060>
5 <kuid:-25:1188>

It does not matter what kuid is shown in the carriage or station as Trainz will use the newest automatically.

Last edited:
Try using this script instruction asset to both load and unload passengers INSTEAD of two separate "Load" and "Unload" instructions. Don't know if it'll help but it might be worth the try:

<kuid:82348:2017001> LM3D Unload - Load passengers at Station

That is not the issue. The LM3D rolling stock worked great once with the normal commands, now it doesn't work on the AJS stations. I don't have any KUID specifying the Unload-Load put into the LM3D, but I do have the KUID downloaded.

I've tried doing that, but it doesn't let me. This happened ever since I simply made a modification to the AJS then reverted it back to its original (1 week ago, more than that time ago this year it was working perfectly). Before I made the modification, it was working just fine so it was in its "original" state. Now, even with the LM3D command just does the same thing as load/unload command with the AJS stations. I don't think it has something to do with LM3D. I've done it with non-LM3D rolling stock and there is still that issue. The doors just open and close, nothing happens. No loading or unloading.

Setup a test route. Most of us here have a test route for testing and fiddling before implementing things into our routes. This route gives us a way to test, fiddle, and see how something works before going through great lengths of putting in something that may not work at all, or worse look like crap and have to be redone or we end up resorting to backups. I have a test route for example called A TEST ROUTE so I can find it quickly.

Setup a test loop with a known working station and train consist. It doesn't have to be fancy.

If the train works, try yours.

If that works, try your modified station.

If things don't work, then it's the station. If the train didn't work, then it's your train.

This process will keep you from running in circles as you randomly poke, prod, and run around trying different things and getting confused as to what work where and when.

Back