Help understanding these errors when using Delete Missing Assets

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
I need some help understanding these errors I'm getting when I use Delete Missing Assets:
; <NULL> : Deleting missing ground textures
; <kuid:-1:621> : Loading asset <kuid:-1:621>
- <kuid:-25:1471> : TADGetSpecFromAsset> asset <kuid:-25:1471> is not compatible with this version of Trainz
; <kuid2:72938:21022:3> : Loading asset <kuid2:72938:21022:3>
- <kuid2:72938:21022:3> : TADGetSpecFromAsset> asset <kuid2:72938:21022:3> is not compatible with this version of Trainz
; <kuid2:72938:21025:4> : Loading asset <kuid2:72938:21025:4>
- <kuid2:72938:21025:4> : TADGetSpecFromAsset> asset <kuid2:72938:21025:4> is not compatible with this version of Trainz
; <kuid:72938:21025> : Loading asset <kuid:72938:21025>
- <kuid2:72938:21025:4> : TADGetSpecFromAsset> asset <kuid2:72938:21025:4> is not compatible with this version of Trainz
; <kuid:61119:21003> : Loading asset <kuid:61119:21003>
- <kuid2:61119:21003:1> : TADGetSpecFromAsset> asset <kuid2:61119:21003:1> is not compatible with this version of Trainz
; <kuid:-1:609> : Loading asset <kuid:-1:609>
- <kuid:-1:609> : TADGetSpecFromAsset> asset <kuid:-1:609> is not compatible with this version of Trainz

First off, I want to clarify that these are all assets I disabled to remove them as dependencies for the route. Here's the name and kuids of the assets listed in the errors (Status of each asset in paratheses and trainz-build in brackets). I will note that this route is Trainz-build 5.0:
<kuid:-25:1471> grass_a1 (Packaged) [4.6]
<kuid2:72938:21022:3> UltraTexture - Grass 01 - Seasonal/Full Snow (Packaged) [3.2]
<kuid2:72938:21025:4> UltraTexture - Grass 04 - Seasonal/Full Snow (Packaged) [3.2]
<kuid2:61119:21003:1> Sandstone3 (Packaged) [1.3]
<kuid:-1:609> Grass a (Base) [1.3]
Can someone explain why I cannot remove these from the dependencies from the route and what this error is?

Last edited:
You get the not compatible message when removing disabled assets from the route, not compatible because it's disabled or not there.

They should now be deleted assuming you saved the route after removing them. Worry less about the confusing messages, just check that the assets are no longer showing as dependencies.

You get the not compatible message when removing disabled assets from the route, not compatible because it's disabled or not there.

They should now be deleted assuming you saved the route after removing them. Worry less about the confusing messages, just check that the assets are no longer showing as dependencies.

These assets continue to show up no matter how many times I use Delete Missing Assets.

You cannot delete packaged assets. Gets on my nerves too.
RJ Artim.

Last edited:
You can't delete package assets because they are packaged into a single .tzarc package unlike individual assets. When a package is accessed, including in Content Manager, the assets are decompressed from the package and accessed. The updates provided on the DLS will replace those assets by placing them in with the regular content, but the original is still there in the package.

Hope this makes sense.

You can't delete package assets because they are packaged into a single .tzarc package unlike individual assets. When a package is accessed, including in Content Manager, the assets are decompressed from the package and accessed. The updates provided on the DLS will replace those assets by placing them in with the regular content, but the original is still there in the package.

Hope this makes sense.
It does make sense, but those with limited space do not need the, (faulty or disabled) content taking up valuable hard drive space.......it does not take too many of these files to start to add up MB quickly.

Regards,

Dale

It does make sense, but those with limited space do not need the, (faulty or disabled) content taking up valuable hard drive space.......it does not take too many of these files to start to add up MB quickly.

Regards,

Dale
The packages are no different than the old JA files in TS12 and below. We would receive updates to old built in and DLC content then and exactly the same thing occurred. The old files don't take up any more space than they did when they were installed because it's an all-inclusive single file containing all the content.

But having newer versions replacing the obsolete versions means taking more space.
Sounds somehow like an opportunity for someone to program a utility. Go into tzarc files and delete only assets designated obsolete. Probably more complicated than such a simplistic idea, but it would sure be handy to have.

I had textures in my route that were packaged. So I used bulk replace to remove them.

The route still demanded them.

In the end I had to uninstall the DLC, open my route and delete missing assets, then save it.

Now they were finally removed from the dependancy list.

The same bulk replace worked fine for buildings and fences, but not for textures.

That's odd. I wonder if this is a caching issue. We've seen issues with caching affecting repairs. Fixing a config.txt file then submitting the asset will still show the same error. Exiting and coming back in sometimes will resolve that. In other cases a DBR will do it.

I did think of that, and tried to make sure that wasn't it by doing it several times and restarting - I didn't do DBRs for obvious reasons, but maybe I should have?

I think uninstalling and reinstalling the DLC, and deleting missing assets in between, may have been quicker tho LOL.

I did think of that, and tried to make sure that wasn't it by doing it several times and restarting - I didn't do DBRs for obvious reasons, but maybe I should have?

I think uninstalling and reinstalling the DLC, and deleting missing assets in between, may have been quicker tho LOL.
A good DBR helps a lot. I've noticed some nice speed improvements due to the data being indexed and compressed after the DBR.

The quickest way to uninstall DLC is to delete the .tzarc files or folders if it's old then run a DBR to clean up the pointers to the content that the program still thinks exists. Waiting for the uninstall process to run in the Content Store is as painful as waiting for paint to dry while watching it congeal on the wall.

I edit the config.txt files allot...... I'm an old database guy from IBM, for me the file names need to be consistent. And nothing bothers me more than a vehicle listed as a building in the "category-class" and the Author placing their initials in the first part of the "Username" that totally screws up the type in and find something aspect of Trainz. I started doing this back in the UTC version.......

That having been said I have found that sometimes when the packaged file shows it as being faulty after editing all I have to do is go to the open file option then select preview asset. That will sometimes fix the error....or revert the file back to it's original state, then repeat the process and try editing again....... This will fix the file and it is edited..... This seems to work most of the time but, not all the time.

Regards,

Dale

You're a better man then me - reasonable sorting tools would have forestalled many of the prefixes I think.

Then again we also get things like AC4 FP2 Z+na RL (VKL-60/7) or worse, usually with a worthless thumbnail to boot.

And then my fav, truncated names in surveyor. Like so

40' Boxcar, Ha...​
40' Boxcar, Ha...​

for 40' Boxcar, Harriman - Early and 40' Boxcar, Harriman - Late >.<

Back