Repair assets

peeet2005

I don't follow this forum all the time so I don't know if it has been discussed yet. More specifically, why are repaired assets still showing as buggy after approval?
Database repair does not help anything. What should I do in this case?
For example :
; <kuid2: 149987: 80101: 1>: Loading asset <kuid2: 149987: 80101: 1>
- <kuid2: 149987: 80101: 1>: VE207: Attached track asset <kuid: 149987: 37000> failed to load.
- <kuid2: 149987: 80101: 1>: VE199: Asset <kuid2: 149987: 80101: 1> failed to load. Unloading resources.
; <kuid2: 149987: 80101: 1>: TADGetSpecFromAsset> unlinked asset
I check asset <kuid: 149987: 37000> and he's OK, but he's only Obsolete.
In other cases, there are actually errors with the * .texture files and I fix them. Unfortunately, after approval, they are still shown as incorrect.
Is it a mistake actually or not ?? If so, it should be in red, and if you can live with it, why is it shown at all? withdraw this status because nobody needs it.
Do the dear developers think that the TRS19 version SP5 - b.117009 is already excellent and that nothing needs to be improved? Personally, my hands drop when I see something like this and discourage me from further using this simulator.

Downloaded and installed on Trainz 2019 build:117009, the kuid: <kuid2:149987:80101:1> 1 vg sorompo gyalogatjaroval , it is bug free and the two dependencies it needs are internal and bug free.
I don't understand what the problem is.

I know they are error free but in CM they are displayed as wrong. My point is, Trainz doesn't change status! And only when they are seen in CM as GOOD, they can be used in a surveyor
I fix many texture addons, but after repair they are still buggy too. If I give the "Preview asset" command, only then does the status change.

Works fine here with no errors or warnings other than over 500 poly and unsupported build version in 117009

The dependencies

<kuid2:149987:38000:1> FMA Invisible track - Builtin
<kuid2:149987:37000:1> FMA Invisible road - Packaged

Suggest check they are not showing as modified and revert them to original.

If CM is showing something other than no errors run a database repair.

Last edited:
But I gave that asset only as an example and I have already dealt with it. The problem is elsewhere. That I fix add-ons and they are still bad!

Maybe I will give you a different question. Is there any limit to the amount of extras or routes? I already have about 800,000 assets and maybe that's too much and Trainz can't do it?

Wasn't anything that needed fixing with that asset though.

If an asset only has .texture files and no texture.txt or image then it's 90% certain its a builtin or packaged which has ended up as modified, probably by downloading something that has overwritten the builtin or packeded version and is open for edit, in which case do not submit but right click revert to original.

Sometimes it helps to delete/disable the obsolete versions of an asset (here <kuid:149987:37000>).

Peter

But colleagues, am I writing incomprehensibly? I don't mean any specific KUID, but Trainz's reaction to the repair of assets. TRS19 SP5 does not accept * .texture files and must be converted to texure.txt and tga. I have over 1500 assets so it is a great job to change them. And the point is, I fix them and they are still wrong. Only when I perform the preview asset do they change their status to GOOD

I understood what you are saying peeet2005.

Malc is right. If these are built-in or came from packages such as DLC, and they have been overwritten by a 3rd-party install such as from another website, or your backups, then the underlying .texture files will cause an error. In addition to that, sometimes there are false errors after running a database repair. This occurs due to file attributes being set within the database. Usually viewing errors and warnings on the assets will clear these errors. If that doesn't remove the errors, then you need to right-click and choose Revert to original. This will work 100% of the time for built-in or DLC assets. Sometimes, older assets, such as built-ins from TS12 SP1 or older, will be included with routes installed from outside websites instead of choosing assets that are on the DLS. What this does is cause the .texture files to remain rather than include the .tga image files instead.

If this is the case, meaning after you attempted the Revert to original, you can do the following:

1) Install PEV's Images2TGA.

You can get that here:

http://trainz.shaneturner.co.uk/tutorials/index.php?page=pevsoft-trainz-tools

When you install, skip over the prompts for versions of Trainz you do not have installed, and as always install and run as administrator due to this being an older program that doesn't run well under Windows 10.

What this program will do is decompress the image files from the .texture files.

Now, there is a way to automate the process using a batch and Peter provides instructions in the included thorough documentation.

Here's an example of the batch that I use with my Trainz TRS22+ content should I need it.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\PEVSoft\Images2TGA\Images2TGA.exe" -trawl "E:\TRS22_DATA\Editing\%1%"

Remember in order to run Images2TGA, you need to open the assets up for editing first prior to accessing the underlying files.

Now, there's a caveat here. The .texture file is an internal file recognized by Trainz and is a compressed file that comprises both the file.texture.txt and the actual image. With that said, the extracted image file, meaning the usual .tga file can be of poorer quality than the original when the image was first created.

At a guess, he has imported builtins from a previous version of Trainz which you can not do without creating a mess and a load of .texture files.

Peeet2005, as you have stated, double-clicking on the asset after edits are submitted, or Open - Preview asset. Sometimes after fixing assets I have to do one or the other to get CM to really look and notice there has been a change, otherwise it just goes on saying it is faulty. Apparently submitting an edit does not actually get it to re-validate the asset but double-clicking or previewing does. This is a known issue.

Or, he could be adding assets from third party sites that have older assets, like Trainzone, possibly even the wayback like USLW. There are certainly hundreds of them out there and many still have a lot of good assets, but we all have to each separately fix them ourselves if we want to use them. More pertinent to his questions is my response above. We seem to have to notify CM we have actually fixed them, or it won't notice just by clicking submit edits.

Last edited:
Of course I've been replacing * .texture files with Images2TGA for a long time. The status issue after repairing the assets didn't show up until SP5. I also use the SP1 version and the statuses are changed instantly. As a Trainz user since 2004, I obviously have a lot of older assets and routes that I have imported from older versions of Trainz. Hence, I currently have a lot of add-ons that need repair. The SP1 TRS19 version or earlier TANE were not so restrictive when it comes to texture errors.
And I mentioned this problem, because since I have all the accessories OK in SP1, I have over 1500 to repair in SP5. And this problem with the status strongly discouraged me.

Of course I've been replacing * .texture files with Images2TGA for a long time. The status issue after repairing the assets didn't show up until SP5. I also use the SP1 version and the statuses are changed instantly. As a Trainz user since 2004, I obviously have a lot of older assets and routes that I have imported from older versions of Trainz. Hence, I currently have a lot of add-ons that need repair. The SP1 TRS19 version or earlier TANE were not so restrictive when it comes to texture errors.
And I mentioned this problem, because since I have all the accessories OK in SP1, I have over 1500 to repair in SP5. And this problem with the status strongly discouraged me.

peeet2005.

I'm glad you know how to use the tools. I wasn't sure and this is why I mentioned the steps. This is the unfortunate part of being only typed or written text and not knowing the person, and not conversing in real-time.

There's a known bug, which I actually reported regarding this issue with TRS22 (Plus), and this is the same issue in TRS19 SP5. The database doesn't always refresh messages when assets have been repaired. Forester1 mentions this up a couple of posts.

My solution is to view errors and warnings first then exit content manager. I wait a minute then start Content Manger again. This will load in the data fresh and usually, 100% of the time, the errors are gone. If in the odd rarity there are errors, then I'll look further at the assets to see what is wrong.

Open for edit then revert to original followed by double clicking the asset can also remove the faulty indicator as can trying preview asset.

Back