Heathrow Airport

Just a few shots of my Heathrow Airport built to actual size. Buildings are what is available as i cant build my own. Plans taken from google earth so all runways and taxiways are correct.

Terminal 5. Plane arrived on runway 27L

Heathrow 1.jpg

Runway 27L and taxiways.

Heathrow 2.jpg

View from Terminal 5

Heathrow 3.jpg

Last edited:
Fantastic.........Ians aircraft/runways have realy made a impact on the community that we might all end up playing Plainz instead of Trainz ...."LOL"
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Great work stagecoach. You certainly have taken on a very large and involved project but it looks excellent so far, congratulations.

Craig
:):):)

Thanks, Ive now got the AI to control all inbound and outbound aircraft on the runway so that only one aircraft can be on it at anyone time. Take off aircraft slot inbetween those landing. This is all done with Boats ATLS assets as is the control of crossovers on the taxiways.
This is the ariel view of the south west corner near terminal 5.

Heathrow 4.jpg

Last edited:
Just a few shots of my Heathrow Airport built to actual size.
But, but if they are actual size, they wouldn't fit on your computer screen, and will need thousands & thousands of computer screens! :hehe:

Stagecoach, you maybe able to get the size of your pictures down if you use jpg, instead of bmp.

The southern runway is now fully working with planes automaticaly landing and departing with use of Boats ATLS. The system only allows one aircraft to be on the runway at any one time. Take off aircraft will slot into gaps between landing planes and will only take off when runway is clear. The underground line is also present linking all the terminals.
The map shows progress so far.
heathrow map.jpg

Nice work stagecoach. I was not to sure about the actual Heathrow Airport, so I had a look on Google Earth the other day. Some of the photo's were very interesting. It certainly is big and complex, you have a big job ahead and seem to be doing a great job so far.

Maybe I should pick out an Airport to model and being an Aussie Sydney would be my first choice but I am not sure about that. I remember seeing one in the USA I was amazed with so I may look at that again.

Keep up the great work.

Craig

Thanks Craig, Its not to bad getting it from google earth as I use the ruler tool to get the distances between taxiways and runways and fill in the gaps. Ive got the planes set up to filter themselves on and off the runway with Boats ATLS so only one plane can be on it at anyone time. Working on the cargo and terminal 4 area at present. Trying to get the movement areas as close to the google earth image as possible. The buildings may be representative only.

Looks great. It's no easy task trying to build a route in trainz, let alone an airport! At least there are a whole bunch of new planes that were made. :)

Keep up the great work!

8)

Gisa ^^

There is both the london underground and the new rail link that serves Heathrow. I have placed the underground trains and stations which serve all three terminals but the LUL trains dont work properly with 09. The main rail link will be added later. For those who want to build UK airports have a look at http://www.nats-uk.ead-it.com/publi...content&task=blogcategory&id=6&Itemid=13.html
That's a great site stagecoach and would help a lot in creating an Airport.

Thanks for the link.

I will have to search and see if there is something similar for Sydney Airport or other major ones around the World.

Craig

I think it's a black ballast texture
Would explain why he had AJS Grass Splines all the way down the Runway
Jamie

Back