Has N3V abandoned the Trainz Gallery?

MSGSapper

Trainz route developer
For some time now the Trainz photo gallery has been getting more and more broke. First of all we lost the capability some months ago to upload photos directly from Trainz TRS22 and this was not fixed by N3V as of the date of this post.

To make matters worse after 20 April the gallery quit displaying any submitted images whatsoever to include those you directly uploaded at the Trainz Gallery website after signing into your account. The last displayed photo was posted by edh6 on 20 Apri 2024.

I have been patiently waiting for the gallery to be fixed but so far N3V has done nothing to fix it that I can see.

Has N3V decided to abandon the Trainz Gallery? I use it all the time so I hope that is not the case.......

Bob

I blame it on something wrong with AWS or links or permissions or something along those lines.

I have been of the opinion I wasn't doing something right . I have tried all the way's people had suggested to no avail . Then pic's on the DL station disappeared , So this could I blame it on something wrong with AWS or links or permissions or something along those lines. But it's not all that's going on . With nothing said , we're just guessing . I have had issues for more then a few months .

Matt

Don't know why people are getting stressed about the Gallery... it is not integral to the program... i post some images on the gallery , if it works well OK. if not then NO BIG Deal....it does not stop the enjoyment of the program for me.

I don't think it matters for most of us but you should be aware of the terms of service at PostImages, In particular what you are granting them the right to due with any image you upload.
With regard to any file or content you upload to the public portions of our site, you grant PostImage a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable worldwide license (with sublicense and assignment rights) to use, to display online and in any present or future media, to create derivative works of, to allow downloads of, and/or distribute any such file or content, including embedded (hotlinked) into third-party websites otherwise not affiliated with PostImage. To the extent that you delete any such file or content from the public portions of our site, the license you grant to PostImage pursuant to the preceding sentence will automatically terminate, but will not be revoked with respect to any file or content PostImage has already copied and sublicensed or designated for sublicense.
In short, you are granting them permission to do whatever they want with your images including making money from them. Now I don't have a problem with this as I would never consider any image I post there as valuable to me. But make your own decision.

I don't think it matters for most of us but you should be aware of the terms of service at PostImages, In particular what you are granting them the right to due with any image you upload.

In short, you are granting them permission to do whatever they want with your images including making money from them. Now I don't have a problem with this as I would never consider any image I post there as valuable to me. But make your own decision.
@wreeder -

Imgbb's TOS is much more user friendly and respectful of user rights. Other than occasional slow loading of large (HD) images, I'm pretty happy with their site, and the services provided (y)

Link - Imgbb TERMS OF SERVICE

Rico

I don't know that I agree with your assessment of the terms at Imgbb. They are pretty much the same to me. In both cases you grant them non-exclusive use of your images royalty free. So you retain your rights but what you are granting is again the right for them to use your images to make money and not have to pay you a penny.

Again, I'm not implying that there is anything shady about either site. Just that in exchange for hosting your images and possibly video for free, you grant them the right to make money from your content royalty free. Basically, they are both stock photo and video sites that license images for a fee to their customers.

Last edited:
You retain rights and collect royalties. Otherwise, without that statement the crook takes your image from Trainz and makes money. Typically using it to embellish an AD for their product.

I think trainz gallery gives the screenshots threads some longevity and gives alot of people an easy way to share their passion for the hobby. Those screenshot threads show people who are having a good time and happy to be here. This might drive sales by encouraging others to purchase and participate.

In msgsapper's case, the gallery is essential due to his long term participation as a content creator. It's nice to visit a freeware thread and have the screenshots still displaying, even if it's a 5 year old post.

Tl;Dr- forums are also an archive for us. Gallery is a visual archive, it's worth having.

Well the good news is that the gallery appears to be operational through upload at the website once again as of this morning. The ability to directly upload an image to the gallery through Trainz/Surveyor however still does not work at this point as I tried this morning. While it may be a partial fix at this point, at least it is a step in the right direction.

Bob

I wish that the ability to directly upload an image to the gallery through Trainz/Surveyor would just work right now, but I'm happy that the gallery is operational again.

Back