Guildford to Woking

G'day Zoid99,

Thanks for that, I have found it. It is shown as a station but totally unlabeled otherwise on the OS map. Due to the nature of the OS map and the way I do things, you will get a little bit more track (as far East to just past the Cotts Wood) but don't fear, I shall throw this in 'free of charge'...

Back to work...

Jerker {:)}

Is that line third rail? Waterloo to Reading is (or at least it was when I lived in Wokingham many years ago), and so is Wokingham to Guildford I think, so maybe Woking to Guildford might be too. Possibly worth checking, apologies if I'm talking nonsense.

John

Nope you are correct. Southern Railway started to introduce the '3rd rail' in the late 1930's. I would of had a 3rd rail but the track i want to use MP Wood dosen't have a 3rd rail, well i don't. So what i thought i could do is lay the track and then just get a single rail and run it along the side.

Tom

Nope you are correct. Southern Railway started to introduce the '3rd rail' in the late 1930's. I would of had a 3rd rail but the track i want to use MP Wood dosen't have a 3rd rail, well i don't. So what i thought i could do is lay the track and then just get a single rail and run it along the side.

Better
http://www.medwayvalleytrainz.co.uk/custom_content_rails_standard.html
look at the bottom of this page. I use it, as it is far more flexible than Bloodnoks track. You'd need to adjust it however, to about -0.08m (relative height) for the rails to look correct.

G'day LieLestoSbrat,

Rob, don't forget, Tom will require the extra gradient profiles for the lines as outlined above (just to make sure that everything is "honky-dory").

Ziod99,

Tom, you will be pleased to learn that the preparation work for the route is nearly completed, I only have to 'get' it into Trainz for the final step, which is then getting it to you. There are a couple of possibilities here. My usual method is to request a designated physical address from you so that I might dispatch the files involved to you via post on a CD (or DVD depending upon the sizes). However, a recent refusal of this process, forced me to devise a different process, which involves the reduction of the Trainz route files to a single *.cdp file, which I then 'host' on the Victrainz forum for a short while, so that you may download it at your 'relative' leisure. Bear in mind, this process is only viable when the size of the *.cdp file is "manageable". Please advise me of your preference here. By the way, since Trainz will only allow a 13 character title for any route (and Guildford - Woking clearly exceeds this limit), I would appreciate some insight into a possible title that would be acceptable to both you and Trainz.

In the meantime, I'll get back to work...

Last edited:
Hi

Would it possible to email the file to me? I guessing the file will be smaller than the mid hants layout which was sent to me as a DEM. If not will you be able to host it on Victrainz forum so i can download it.

For the title of the Route try SR Network

Thanks
Tom

Last edited:
G'day Zoid99,

Either of those options are acceptable but I cannot say which would be preferred until the size of the file can be determined. I will have to get back to you on that one...

In the meantime, have you given any though to a single word title for the route (or at least, one of only 13 characters length)?

Last edited:
At the momment i can't think of one. As i suggested in my early post SR Network is my only brainwave at 9:15 am.

Tom

G'day Zoid99,

No worries. I understand how it is so early in the morning. We'll go with that for the time being...

G'day Zoid99,

That you can but I don't think it's that easy. Unless Auran have come up with a special program to allow for this, you will also have to change the name of the files that the *'cdp installs (there are five of those) and you will probably have to manually edit the config.txt to change the values of the various tags there-in. This is no big deal, just a little extra work.

Anyway, I can guide you in that regard if the need arises, more importantly, I should have an idea of which delivery method will be available to you later this afternoon (your time).

G'day Zoid99,

'Tis done! Right on schedule. Unfortunately, the *.cdp file turned out to be 7.75 M Bytes and since I wasn't prepared to entrust such a relatively large file to e-mail (even though my e-mail client allows attachments up to 10 M Bytes per e-mail), I have uploaded the file to the Victrainz web site where you may download it at your leisure via this link...

http://www.storage.victrainz.com.au/SR Network.cdp

...you will also need to download the file "TransDEM_Ground_Textures.cdp", which contains the necessary textures to reproduce the OS map on the Terrain provided by the above download. If you already have these textures installed, you may ignore this link...

http://www.storage.victrainz.com.au/TransDEM -Ground-Textures.cdphttp://www.storage.victrainz.com.au/TransDEM_Ground_Textures.cdp

...if you have any problems, do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you very much! I'll edit this post once i have got it installed and working

Yep all works fine, its great thank you!

Now Rob, could you please send the gradient profile of the Woking to Guildford that you said you could scan in to me please. This will be a great help.

Thanks again
Tom :D

Last edited:
Back