Guide to setting up a custom multiplayer session.

Ben1337

Trainz operator
Hey there.

Is there some sort of guide to setting up the multi player rule in a session for a default route, then uploading it to the DLS?

Hi there

I've read the tips and tricks, but it's not the same as a step by step guide though.

It mainly talks about setting up an already existing session that's either built in or downloaded form the DLS.

What I'm talking about, is a guide that explains the process of creating a totally new session for a new session for a new or existing route, then applying the multiplayer rule to it with recommended settings, followed by uploading it to the DLS.

After all, I can't beta test my session with other people when it has to be on the DLS in order to test it, so since it's the first time I've ever done this, I ask more experienced session creators to give some recommendations.

Last edited:
Make 100% sure all dependencies on both the route are...:
- NOT locally modified
- On the DLS or built-in
Add the rule to the session.

Uploading it works the same like uploading every other asset.

Alright, what happens if most of the assets used in the session by a rule, aren't included in the dependencies?

What happens if you find the multiplayer rule needs adjusting, will it replace the old one with a new one, or will I have to remove the old asset from the DLS entirely?

You are not making any sense to me.

There is just one multiplayer rule. And with "rule" I mean the asset. Add it to the sessions rules: go into the session and "edit session rules", add it, and set it up the way you like. That's it. Nothing more, nothing lese.

Next, check if none of the dependencies are locally modified. You do this in Content Manager.
If they are, either revert them or replace the asset by those that are not modified.
It is as simple as that: Nothing is allowed to be locally modified. Nothing. No if's, no but's; nothing.

If that does not make sense to you, ask a very clear question and be as specific as possible.

What I mean is.

Xp6nK69.png

When I upload the multiplayer session, will I be able to change the settings in the rule, then update the existing session on the DLS with the new settings?

Also, about the additional content being on the download station, that's not exactly the problem, for you see, I used Centeral Portal Control (CPC) to spawn my trains from portals instead of the original portals.
FwQj2d4.png

This leads to some vehicles not being specified within the config file which are required by the CPC rule in order to spawn from the portal, which could lead to said vehicles not being able to download even if they are on the DLS.

Last edited:
If they are not included in the sessions dependency file, your going to have a bad time.

There is a rule you can and, dont ask me what the name of it is I dont remember, that will allow you to make sure the portal dependencies are included. (It might be "Portal Dependency Rule")

As for step by step...uhm....build route.....build session...ad MP rule.....upload....

If you want to make changes and upload them, you can.In CMP right click the asset and hit "Crate New Version". Then make your changes and upload that. It will overwight the old one and cause eveyr one to have to download the new version.

Back