Goodbye to My fellow Trainz Creators and Friends thanks for helpng me learn from 2002

Sorry to hear that! It's discomforting to confront a knowledgeable bunch with preconceptions, particularly when they mount the 'soap box'. However, I feel that Blender is quite 'generic' in concept, and regardless of whether one is building steamships or steam locomotives, the same principles and often, the same keystrokes apply. We are concerned with building the 'model' only. You take Blender to a anther level, which most of us are not concerned with, because we have other tools to do that.
I think your Blender experience would be welcome here, as an experienced modeler.

Thanks for your explanatory post, much appreciated! However I am at the other end of the age scale so Trainz is not suitable any longer for my interests. I used Trainz mainly to make ships, canals, and docks anyway and I can now make them and use them in Blender quite easily without complicated configurations. ....
This is very normal and understandable. People and their interests change. Hobbies are supposed to be fun. If you get more satisfaction using something else, go for it.

Back