GMax and 3DSMax (And any other modeling program) screenies/renders

pK38DgJ.png

Last edited:
No, he's right. The lettering is too light. I could explain why
64257fd9f75c88a71c594df0cea18ae6.jpg

Consider:
The car as originally painted would have looked something like this photograph, with the addition of the end ladders that the NPS has yet to replace. As time went on, the red color would have faded - the YVRR in the late 1930s was not exactly known for its prowess - and the primary weathering this caboose experienced was sun fading. As such, the whole car faded to the more worn-out color I selected. That goes double for the lettering, which was white lead and very expensive. Like almost all other shortlines in California approaching WWII, the YVRR would not have repainted the lettering at all, unless absolutely necessary, so it would have been sat, in the sun, 365 days a year, from the time it arrived on the road to the time it was sold by A. E. Perlman. Despite all this, by all means. Explain why off-white and weathered is "too light."

Last edited:
OK calm down and take a seat. The E-6, E-7, were first started when I was a member of RRMODS. Later went with me over to Jointed Rail. I have shared with both organization's and by sharing I was able to learn much on how to improve the models. With the stipulation that they be shared among members belonging to that organization. As far as I know that has been kept. If there is a leak of stuff from there organization It's up to them to find it. I have seen the E unit's in question and they are my E units. The trucks use parts from RRMODS and is stealing from them. GOING FORWARD: ONLY TRAINZ FORGE HAS MY PERMISSION TO RELEASE ANYTHING OUTSIDE OF THE LIST MENTIONED HERE:> https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...Retirement-Anouncement&highlight=trainz+forge

As some people have PM'ed me and have noticed that I NO LONGER make content for Trainz. Advances in mapping, rendering, scripting, and modeling have gone so far that I can't keep up with it, and have many more important things than Trainz. So in retiring I have an announcement to make. As of this post I make open the sharing of the following list old content that was once released and was closed. HOWEVER you share it at your own risk!!!! I nor Jointed Rail or RRMODS will offer support for my content, nor will be liable for what happens. If some 3rd party web site wants to host it they my contact me PM via email, and I will confirm the release in a post. They will then take the full risk of the content. The sharing will also include reskins that you have made.
The list:
Union Pacific CSA 4-6-6-4 Challengers
Union Pacific TTT 2-10-2
Union Pacific 4500hp Carbody Gas turbines
Union Pacific 4500hp Veranda Gas Turbines
Union Pacific 80 Coal burning gas turbine both versions
Alco FA's in NH, GN, SP&S, Mopac, PRR, and NYC
Alco PA's in NH, UP, SP daylight, SP blood nose, and ATSF
The best for last:
UNION PACIFIC FEF-2 4-8-4 ALL VERSIONS
UNION PACIFIC FEF-3 4-8-4 ALL VERSIONS
I will still hang around here and marvel at what you guys make or provide details. There are things that I have made for Trainz that only a few people know about and I'll post a screenshot or 2 and you might see something that you never knew before that I made. However they will remain in my personal collection. So please don't go on bugging me asking for them If you see them. The answer will be NO. But for now enjoy what is out there. ANL

AND HERE:
Trainz Forge has my permission to host my content. ANL
https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...-9-2017-Overload/page4&highlight=trainz+forge

Trainz Forge dose have some of my meshes that are of my own creation and they have MY PERMISSION to work on them and release them. ANL

Last edited:
Couldn't just do the locomotive and not the whole set, right?
PIII-Car.jpg

They've definitely tested my ability to create odd shapes. Might rework the couplers to be more like the Lionel knuckle type, too. Heck, may even put some horn hooks on a version of them.

engineer5475 --

That glorious 0-4-0 saddle tank a couple of pages back. I could put it to good use as the yard switcher on my "Kab Fourword" layout. Not trying to be too pushy, but will it be available soon? Even in that works grey colour it looks outstanding. Well, actually all the content in this thread looks outstanding.

Phil

Brand new built from scratch Buckeye 6 wheel truck for the Cab Forwards. At 10,700 polys its 3 times more poly heavy than the Buckeye truck I built for the GS series engines.

8bz46aq.jpg

Something a little different, I've done a lineup of the 'LOD' meshes for the tender on my WIP V class 2-8-0 model :)

As it's quite a large image, I've left it as just a link: http://www.zecrail.com/files/vclass/vr-v-class-105.jpg

They are placed with the highest LOD on the left, and the lowest on the right (I've not yet baked it's texture yet, so it still shows another model's texture).

Stats for these at this time (note this is not the finished model, so these may change; and do not reflect actual distances in-game as the bogies will change LODs at different distances to the body, although I aim for them to be fairly close):

LOD0 = 41390
LOD1 = 18362
LOD2 = 7476
LOD3 = 2326
LOD4 = 14*

There are also a few bits not shown (submeshes for the tender body, such as coal load, coal boards, and filler lid) which will be setup differently.

*All meshes are culled when LOD4 is visible. This means that, at this LOD the tender is a total of 14 triangles and 1 texture. I generally aim for this LOD to be visible about 1200m/1.2km away from the camera.

Regards
Zec

engineer5475 --

That glorious 0-4-0 saddle tank a couple of pages back. I could put it to good use as the yard switcher on my "Kab Fourword" layout. Not trying to be too pushy, but will it be available soon? Even in that works grey colour it looks outstanding. Well, actually all the content in this thread looks outstanding.

Phil

Hey there Phil, sorry for the late reply! The Industrial 0-4-0T is nearing completion actually, still finishing up minor detailing, but I can't give an accurate release date as it will be included in a release pack with about, (God help me), at least 8 more engine variants. And each of those variants require more work. However I can say they will be done either by the end of this month or sometime in early to mid July.

Great job with the director's car - I should be seeing the prototype in about an hour and fifteen here. And I'm glad we're going to be getting at least one monitor-roof car soon.

Great job with the director's car - I should be seeing the prototype in about an hour and fifteen here. And I'm glad we're going to be getting at least one monitor-roof car soon.

Hehe - ask Chris if they've decided to restore her into three separate cars yet ;-P

I saw a photo of some Pensy cars that looked similar to the UP coach above, so that might make some reskinners happy. And, the Lincoln car would be fun to do - at least the rebuild that ran on the UP. I don't know if that was at Promontory, though, so it might have to wait....

Curtis

Back