Getting "TRC" crossings to work

TexBearden1990

I have a route that uses "up8328"'s TRC WCH M10 grade crossing signals and can not seem to get them to work, even with the TRC "Closure" and "Opening" track triggers. For some reason the TRC track triggers can't see the grade crossing assets and lists no objects as being "Attached" to the closure or opening TRC triggers. As an example, I have 2 TRC US 12x24 WCH M10 24ft HCB MB's set up at a standard grade crossing with a closer trigger set up 450 meters away from each end of the crossing gates (Both of which are named "Q-Street". I am using "TRC 4 Trigger for closure of rail crossings" for my closure triggers is that helps any. Any ideas on what could be going on with these triggers and why they can not see TRC grade crossing devices?

Update, I figured it out, I ended up having to change a few things with the actual crossings themselves to get them to work in trainz 22.

Last edited:
I have a route that uses "up8328"'s TRC WCH M10 grade crossing signals and can not seem to get them to work, even with the TRC "Closure" and "Opening" track triggers. For some reason the TRC track triggers can't see the grade crossing assets and lists no objects as being "Attached" to the closure or opening TRC triggers. As an example, I have 2 TRC US 12x24 WCH M10 24ft HCB MB's set up at a standard grade crossing with a closer trigger set up 450 meters away from each end of the crossing gates (Both of which are named "Q-Street". I am using "TRC 4 Trigger for closure of rail crossings" for my closure triggers is that helps any. Any ideas on what could be going on with these triggers and why they can not see TRC grade crossing devices?

Update, I figured it out, I ended up having to change a few things with the actual crossings themselves to get them to work in trainz 22.

What did you have to change exactly to get these working as I'm having the same problem in TRS22.

What did you have to change exactly to get these working as I'm having the same problem in TRS22.

Had to do with how you name the TRC crossing and the TRC trigger.

on the crossing it needs to be in this order "X&Y" such as 1&12, and the trigger set some something like 1&5, and so on.

I came across this as well which should be helpful.

"With the TRC system, you should name objects and triggers if you need to command several crossings in the same time or if you build your crossings with scenery-type objects. (seeMaterials )
The name must follow the format : X&Y, where

• X is an integer value or a string of characters that must be common to all the objects or triggers of a same set
  • & is the separator between X and Y
  • Y is an integer between 1 and 100
Example :

• a crossing 1&12 and its trigger 1&5
  • a another crossing 1&40 and its trigger 1&4
All these objects share the same value X=1, and will act jointly as soon as one of the triggers will detect a train (see the example at the bottom
of the page :TRC Système V4 ).
To name an object :
In the 'object' tab, select the icon 'object mode', click on the question mark and on the object to name."

Everything you need should be in this link -----> https://sites.google.com/site/trcv2english/6-how-to-do

There's a bit more to add here. While the above procedure works for TRC crossing gate assets that are configured properly, there is a number of them that are missing a line in the config.txt file which renders them useless in the current versions TRS19 and up.

Edit the config.txt and add in the following line if it's missing:

custom-category-list "TRC"

Back