Frame rates in trainz

Reference Posts #15 and #16.

I found 10 copies or the file d3dx9_43.dll on my PC. 7 of them are located under a C:\~\~\Google Earth\~\ subdirectory or C:\users\~\appdata\local\temp path, all dated 10/7/13. One was under a C:program Files\Defender Pro\~\~\antispam32 path and dated 11/2/12. The \~\ means I was too lazy to type the names of all the directories in a very long path name. The other two are under C:\windows\syswow64 and C:\windows\system32 and dated 5/26/10. I assume the last two are attributed to the install I did today?

I ran a saved session in both DirectX and OpenGL. I noticed visual improvements in the FRAPS (less herky-jerky motion) over the same portion of the route with an 80+ car loaded well car and auto rack train and 6 locomotives, especially when camera views (static or panning) were in play, with DirectX over OpenGL. Any differences in graphics (clarity) of the trains/scenery was not noticeable. The only negative thing with DirectX was that the text on the drop down/pop-up displays in the game were more faded and appeared to be in a different font than when run in OpenGL. Anyone, is this common with DirectX? I don't know whether it matters, but my display settings are 1024/768 and the Bit Depth is 32 (only other option is 16).

Last edited:
Back