Found out why there are issues that Causes Crash to Desktop!

jjeff1955

When a session is run to watch the Carz stop and go at the Traffic Lights for every action of the invisible Train from the Slave causes the string-table to list it every time it performs an action. I took a look see in my Maps Config file and found thousands of lines in the Sting, never stops adding and growing it, causing the Map to eventually fail to desktop.

Is this a Trainz Bug or is it he Invisible Train Script causing this issue?
Ia m thing more of a Trainz Bug because the string-table gets overloaded with other assets also, every time I Drive a Train it adds that to the string-table also.

Another issue is that Trainz will not glue the Roads and invisible Tracks to the Fixed Junctions or intersections, after a couple of exits and Save then after about 20 times of going back into the Map the attachments become corrupted, that is why the Monorail FIXED JUNCTIONS Right and left Fail and will not operate after several Map reloads.

This just a small file after just 5 mins into the Session.

category-class "YM"
category-region "US"
category-era "2000s"
kind "map"
description
region <kuid:-25:927>

thumbnails
{
{
image "thumbnail.jpg"
width 512
height 384
}
}
draw-distance-cap 20000
water <kuid:523:19723531>
username "Luz Maria 2019 DLS +"
holdcarz 1
workingscale 0
workingunits 1
trainz-build 4.6

world-origin
{
latitude 38,53.400002,1
longitude 77,1.1998,-1
altitude 0
}

This is just a sample of what is happening.
There were over a few Thousand these Lines of this same String.
Could not post them all due to limits on the Posting.

string-table
{
jons_invisible_train_5020 "Jons Invisible Train 5020"
jons_invisible_train_5021 "Jons Invisible Train 5021"
jons_invisible_train_5022 "Jons Invisible Train 5022"
jons_invisible_train_5023 "Jons Invisible Train 5023"
jons_invisible_train_5024 "Jons Invisible Train 5024"
jons_invisible_train_5025 "Jons Invisible Train 5025"
jons_invisible_train_5026 "Jons Invisible Train 5026"
jons_invisible_train_5027 "Jons Invisible Train 5027"
}
Please let me know if there is anyway to stop that string-table from adding Thousands of entries into my Map Config?
Cheers.

Last edited:
Jon,

It's a known issue that dates back long before TRS2019, and the string-table only holds searchable assets in the session and does not affect the session. I have been down this route before and even deleted the contents only to still have a crash.

What causes crashes?

Barring a hardware problem, or bad drivers, it's the content and usually an errant script that causes the crash, or in some cases a corrupted mesh or texture. The only way to find out what the culprit is, is go through the process of elimination.

You can start the easy way and remove anything you've added recently and start there and work backwards by disabling content a bunch of assets, running a DBR and trying again. If it doesn't occur, enable that bunch, and repeat again with some more assets.

More recently, there have been issues with the latest TRC crossing-gate trigger. Uninstalling that version and downloading the previous version fixes the problem with the sessions.

Thank John for the info the older ATLS was working with no issues at all until I got the updated ones.
I will put back all of the 2.4 Versions as they were working perfectly and see if that will stop the CTD.
I am not using any of the TRC stuff. The CDT is very random and may not happen for several Maps starts and that is weird for sure.
I will have to remember what I may have added for assets in the last 2 Weeks and try that, after the putting back the older ATLS stuff.
I will build a Test Map and see if I can get that to crash.

The big issue is I need to stop the string-table from recording every Traffic start and stop it must have been at least many Thousand of lines long from the last week.
Manually deleting that string-table is annoying.
Thank You for your reliable Help.
Cheers.

Last edited:
A new issue that has come up.
I was just in the Start Menu looking at the Dev Log Files, and Trainz closed itself back to the Desktop.
Not trying to load anything, not even in the Start Trainz Menu was up.
Why is the Trainz interface closing out the same way it does when trying to load a route?
I did a File Verify with my Steam client and no errors or files needed.
My PC is in perfect working condition with all my other Games, no Crashing what so ever.
Has Trainz 2019 become corrupted somehow?
Do I need to wipe it off my PC and reinstall from the Steam Client?
I am really concerned as I need it to stop randomly doing CDTs.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Just a thought. Have you added TANE.exe and TRS19.exe to your antivirus's real time scan exclusion list? I was having a lot of unexpected DBRs and the odd CTD over quite a long period but was, stupidly, putting up with them. About 3 months ago I added both to the AV real time exclusion list and since then not a DBR or a CTD (touch wood).

Yes my Anti Virus ignores all of the Trainz Folders.
I have been logging the Dev error logs and have a lot of errors such as -

<NULL> Signal.gs: <GameObjectID{3:160170 [0,0] Signal 160170}>: Trackside object has faulty or missing asset
; <NULL> Signal.gs: <GameObjectID{3:139122 [0,0] Signal 139122}>: Trackside object has faulty or missing asset
- <NULL> ScriptableObject::InitGSScript> class "YARNIntersection" has inappropriate inheritance tree
- <NULL> ScriptableObject::InitGSScript> class "YARNIntersection" has inappropriate inheritance tree
<NULL> ScriptableObject::InitGSScript> class "YARNIntersection" has inappropriate inheritance tree

What does this mean and how do I fix them?
The Content manager does not show these errors.
This is from the Dev's Log Files.

Thank You pware for being here for me.
Cheers!

Last edited:
The errors with the YARN road I believe have to do with the attachment points for the various streetlight and signal options. These errors are meant for the content creator since they do not affect gameplay. Now the script error with signal.gs concerns me. It may not be the script causing the error, but the asset that's using it. I would investigate this asset and see what's wrong with the asset and even go as far as replace it with something else even to test.

It's errors such as this that can cause the program to dump to the desktop.

Thank You John I will just replace that Xing with a good one just to be safe and no errors.
I will be on the MPS Testing tonight hope to see you there.
Cheers.

Back