FOA shaneturner12

robd

I recently d/loaded AssetX .zip file from this page on your site:

http://trainz.shaneturner.co.uk/tutorials/index.php/home/utilities/pevsoft-trainz-tools/assetx

When extracting the file McAfee gave this warning:

453FDVp.jpg

The AssetX_3_0_1 folder is empty.

Rob.

Edit: Thread title should read FAO shaneturner12!

Last edited:
He could be, out of the kindness of his heart, trying to warn fellow Trainzers of a potential threat, although Shane's a decent chap so it's prolly a false positive.

fe8cfe9813f47778e688554c3e296ee5.png

Last edited:
Yeah, I doubt Shane has any harm in mind.
He could be hacked though and have the version of the software on his website replaced by a less safe one.

I'm just about to check the file (as my site does have quite strong protection against that kind of thing thanks to Cloudflare).

However, I have a feeling that it's not my site that's actually had the problem, as I don't actually host the AssetX installer - andi06's site does (easy way of checking is by looking at the download address - downloads on my site begin trainz.shaneturner.co.uk/thirdparty or just trainz.shaneturner.co.uk.

Shane

EDIT: Just run a VirusTotal scan on the file from Andi's site and there seems to be 6 antivirus products reporting issues - I will need to notify andi06.

Last edited:
So this is actually a Personal Message that you accidently turned into a topic on the forum or are other people also allowed to respond?

For a Personal Message (PM), you can use this link:
http://forums.auran.com/trainz/private.php?do=newpm&u=204888

@ oknotsen: Why the aggressive stance?

He could be, out of the kindness of his heart, trying to warn fellow Trainzers of a potential threat, although Shane's a decent chap so it's prolly a false positive...
pic deleted

This is precisely why I did it!

Rob.

Last edited:
I'm glad that you did let me know about it, as it's given me a chance to advise andi06 regarding the issue (which I have done).

Shane

@ oknotsen: Why the aggressive stance?
Aggressive? :eek: I tried to make a joke and was being helpful...: I gave you a direct link for sending a PM to Shane.

You think you would have been the first person that makes a forum post instead of sending a PM? If being aggressive was going to change that, trust me I would go aggressive instead of trying to turn it into a joke and make a helpful comment right after that. If I had wanted to be aggressive, I would have used swear words or extensive use of denigrating comments and not have ended with a helpful link.

Not everyone on this forum is trying to be a dick. I will try to remember to put a smiley behind the joke next time.

Anyway,
I hope things are clear and sorted out for you now.

Aggressive? :eek: I tried to make a joke and was being helpful...: I gave you a direct link for sending a PM to Shane.

You think you would have been the first person that makes a forum post instead of sending a PM? If being aggressive was going to change that, trust me I would go aggressive instead of trying to turn it into a joke and make a helpful comment right after that. If I had wanted to be aggressive, I would have used swear words or extensive use of denigrating comments and not have ended with a helpful link.

Not everyone on this forum is trying to be a dick. I will try to remember to put a smiley behind the joke next time.

Anyway,
I hope things are clear and sorted out for you now.

Defensive as well as aggressive.

nickey949 ....

SECONDED - there is enough grief around for all of us without us making it up all by ourselves ?

Why can we not all just try to help fellow Trainz enthusiasts WITHOUT getting stroppy. I am also a RC helicopter pilot of many years standing, and as a result frequent may of those forums, and yes, we get this there as well, and all I try to do is help folk to make their helicopters fly as they should.

It is a sad fact that too many people have realised that just because they now have a keyboard they can "speak / Shout / abuse" anyone out here with impunity.

For those sad folks out there that have this belief, here is the truth, you can, but you will soon get totally ignored !!!!!!

End of soapbox.................. (for now at least)

Last edited:
Back