New Utility - Graphics Checker

I've identified what you mean - the next update to the program will hopefully clear that one up. The current version appears to be checking dedicated system memory at the moment.

Shane

For a utility program like this you don't need a full installer. A selfextracting archive, with the possibility to choose the destination, would be sufficient. It's possible to unpack it to a memory stick, and use it as a portable tool.

Peter

Thankyou for your response Peter. At the moment, I'm creating both types - a standalone version (ZIP version) as well as an installer version for those who want that version.

Shane

One question to others though - would you prefer a standalone program (as it is now) or one that's done via an installer? I can offer both if needed.

Definitely standalone.
Graphics Card DirectX Information
Generated by Graphics Checker by Shane Turner

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti
Graphics Card Dedicated Memory(bytes): 0
Graphics Card Maximum Shared Memory (bytes): 1597706240
Feature Level Support:

Graphics Card supports DirectX 11 :True
Graphics Card supports DirectX 10.1: True
Graphics Card supports DirectX 10: True
Graphics Card supports DirectX 9.0C: True
Default Graphics card:True
The above graphics card meets the DirectX version requirement for T:ANE and should run in DirectX mode using this card.

Please note that this check does not check for multiple thread support. If you get an error in the log regarding multiple threads, please untick the option in Settings.

Sounds good to me. The standalone version will be the main version, but I may also be testing the installer version over the next few days.

Incidentally, I've just updated the standalone version to fix the dedicated memory anomaly.

Shane

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
Graphics Card Dedicated System Memory(bytes): 0
Graphics Card Dedicated Video Memory(bytes - shared with processor): 4190158848
Graphics Card Maximum Shared Memory (bytes): 8526333952
Feature Level Support:

The above graphics card meets the DirectX version requirement for T:ANE and should run in DirectX mode using this card.

Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Graphics Card Dedicated Video Memory(bytes - shared with processor): 33554432
Graphics Card Maximum Shared Memory (bytes): 1845493760
Feature Level Support:

Default Graphics card:False

Graphics Card: Microsoft Basic Render Driver
Graphics Card Dedicated Video Memory(bytes - shared with processor): 0
Graphics Card Maximum Shared Memory (bytes): 268435456
Feature Level Support:

Please note that this check does not check for multiple thread support. If you get an error in the log regarding multiple threads, please untick the option in Settings.

Hi Shane,

How do i make sure my system is using my GTX760 instead of the inbuilt one in the CPU..

Many Thanks

BTW my system runs better in OpenGL then DirectX.

Just noticed this, and decided to give it a wirl on my main PC.

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
Graphics Card Dedicated Video Memory(bytes - shared with processor): 127913984
Graphics Card Maximum Shared Memory (bytes): 1006301184
Feature Level Support:

Graphics Card supports DirectX 11 :False
Graphics Card supports DirectX 10.1: False
Graphics Card supports DirectX 10: False
The above graphics card does not meet the DirectX version requirement for T:ANE - T:ANE will not run in DirectX mode using this card

BTW, Avast scanned the file before it launched, but other then that, it opened just fine.

Incidentally, I've just updated the standalone version to fix the dedicated memory anomaly.
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti
Graphics Card Dedicated Video Memory(bytes - shared with processor): 2086469632
Graphics Card Maximum Shared Memory (bytes): 1597706240

Hi Shane, I just ran your program and it looks like my rig is ready for TANE. Thank you for the checker :Y:.

Dave

Looking good there.

As an aside, it's interesting to see how many users that have posted their reports on this thread have shared memory cards.

Shane

Just so you know, I do not, I repeat, DO NOT have shared memory card, it is dedicated.

04G-P4-2983-KR_XL_1.jpg

[h=1]EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Superclocked ACX 2.0[/h]

[h=1]P/N: 04G-P4-2983-KR[/h]

Here's mine.. I'm curious that I have the same video card as Joosten (GTX780Ti) but my report includes a video memory line.

WRT your question about installers: I prefer to put utilities such as this in a special utilities folder so the current format is fine for me. I didn't need to download .Net Framework 4.

My motherboard comes with an Intel 4600 video port which I don't use but am pleased to see it will run T:ANE!

Actually, my video card runs T:ANE quite nicely although for CE it runs better in DirectX than OpenGL. In earlier beta versions OpenGL did better.

There are a lot of DLLs being used by your program. May I ask what you built it in?

p.s you might add support for detecting PhsyX although I'm not sure if T:ANE is using it yet - probably not.

Cheers

Code:

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 Ti 
Graphics Card Dedicated Video Memory(bytes - shared with processor): 3106832384
Graphics Card Maximum Shared Memory (bytes): 8530640896
Feature Level Support:

Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Graphics Card Dedicated Video Memory(bytes - shared with processor): 33554432
Graphics Card Maximum Shared Memory (bytes): 1845493760
Feature Level Support:

Graphics Card: Microsoft Basic Render Driver
Graphics Card Dedicated Video Memory(bytes - shared with processor): 0
Graphics Card Maximum Shared Memory (bytes): 268435456
Feature Level Support:

Here my card!!

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Graphics Card Dedicated Video Memory(bytes - shared with processor): 1024655360
Graphics Card Maximum Shared Memory (bytes): 3221106688
Feature Level Support:

John

Thanks for the new tool Shane. Worked right out of the box. I already knew that my card would not work for T:ANE, but thought you might like to see a negative response:

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
Graphics Card Dedicated Video Memory(bytes - shared with processor): 1054408704
Graphics Card Maximum Shared Memory (bytes): 1878618112
Feature Level Support:

Graphics Card supports DirectX 11 :False
Graphics Card supports DirectX 10.1: False
The above graphics card does not meet the DirectX version requirement for T:ANE - T:ANE will not run in DirectX mode using this card

Shane

Another suggestion: instead of reporting the memory values in bytes (often an unwieldy long number) perhaps MB or GB units would be more understandable to most users and accurate enough for the job even if rounded off.

Shane

Another suggestion: instead of reporting the memory values in bytes (often an unwieldy long number) perhaps MB or GB units would be more understandable to most users and accurate enough for the job even if rounded off.

Hi Deane - I will look into getting this sorted in the next update.

Shane

I have released another update to the tool. This update changes the way the memory figures are reported from bytes to MB.

I'm afraid that OpenGL version information may take somewhat longer though. I encountered an application crash during testing of the OpenGL version code so I've had to comment it out of the update released today.

Shane

Shane I have some good news and some bad news for you...

The good news is that I want to wish you a Happy New Year! :wave:

The bad news is the latest version of your graphics checker refuses to open for me. I get the "working" icon for about a second and then nothing. Task Manager doesn't show anything running and I've tried normal and "run as administrator". I'm going to breakfast now, but when I get back I'll check the event logs.

Let me know if there is anything else you want me to inspect.

Andrew

Bear with me a second. I'm guessing part of the OpenGL code managed to sneak in - I will get another update out ASAP. In the meantime can I request other users not to download the latest update whilst I fix the problem (I did test the code but it appears to be an issue with one of the .dll files)

Shane

Last edited:
I've managed to track down and remove what I believe to be the problem code and have re-uploaded the file. Let me know ASAP if there's still an issue.

Shane

Back