Enhanced Interlocking Tower Issue

Yorkshire

I'm not sure if this is just an issue on my computer or if there is a deeper issue with Enhanced Towers.

The problem seemed to emerge with SP5 on TSR 2019 (build 116678). I set the EIT on Automatic so that a consist departing from a terminus would automatically find the correct routing to depart by from 2 or 3 choices. It has stopped working. I now have to go into driver commands/ITSetPath in which it displays the signal it is waiting for and the two routes it can take. Clicking the right choice sets up the path and away the train goes. Have never had this issue before with earlier builds. It used to work automatically - it might occasionally take a few seconds to find the path but it always worked.

Also noticed that there is an issue with TRS22 (Build 116402). Have set up a simple test route but again, telling the train to 'drive to' a marker does not automatically set up the path. The entry signal remains at Red. I've ensured I've got the latest library by Pierre so I think everything is up to date.

Has anyone else had similar issues? What used to work perfectly for me in controlling terminal departures and arrivals is now on my system having real issues. I recognise that TRS2022 it is still a Beta but really hope these problems will be overcome!

Yorkshire

One thing I noticed was that a TM placed in the path did not set the path. The TM had to be placed after the path exit to be seen. Likewise, when the EIT has a choice it will use a path that the default junctions are set up for to get past the exit. If a default lever is not set right it will wait for help.

I have a similar problem since sp5 - not an isolated case. my mouse have no respond by the buttons in the rule .automatic set for ai-trains are not possible.

Last edited:
One thing I noticed was that a TM placed in the path did not set the path. The TM had to be placed after the path exit to be seen.

Yes that's how my paths are all set up, the TM beyond the exit signal. It was all working perfectly before but has suddenly gone pear shaped! Assumption is that something has changed in newest builds.

Thanks for the response

Yorkhire

Hi.

Just to confirm I have read your posts and have reproduced the problem on a small test case under TRS19 build 116678.

From my first analysis, the problem is happening only at session startup in driver mode (may also happen when switching back from surveyor to driver using UDS) and only for trains that were at less than half a mile from their entry signa at that timel. The problem seems to happen only with EITs and not with standard ITs. It is probably due to a bug in EITs driver mode initialisation routine where trapping on approach messages is set too late in the initialisation process making all initial on approach messages for trains at less than half a mile from their entry signal being lost. The bug was probably latent and revealed with last TRS19 and TRS22 build, that may have changed the timing during initialisation with approach messages being sent sooner during initialisation than with earlier builds.

If you have encountered such problem with automatic selection not just after driver session startup or if you have encountered the problem with trains more far than half a mile from next entry signal, please let me know.

That having been said, I am currently working on the test case to find a solution and make available a fix ASAP. I will post in this forum thread as soon as I have some news for the fix.

Sorry for the disturbance.

Regards.
Pierre.

Many thanks for your response Pierre and your invaluable ongoing support. Yes, what you say fits my situation exactly. The entry signals are at the terminus platform throat and thus obviously the consist is much less than half a mile from the entry signal, more like 30 metres! And the problem is at session startup as the layout session is set up so that after 5 seconds, the train leaves Platform 4 and should select the mainline route. However, the problem continues after session startup and later in the session, I still have the same issue with (using schedule library) the route failing to be automatically detected and set up. It seems to be an issue with TS19 latest build and there seems to be a more serious issue with TS22 as indicated in my earlier post.

Kind regards

Yorkshire

Many thanks for your response Pierre and your invaluable ongoing support. Yes, what you say fits my situation exactly. The entry signals are at the terminus platform throat and thus obviously the consist is much less than half a mile from the entry signal, more like 30 metres! And the problem is at session startup as the layout session is set up so that after 5 seconds, the train leaves Platform 4 and should select the mainline route. However, the problem continues after session startup and later in the session, I still have the same issue with (using schedule library) the route failing to be automatically detected and set up. It seems to be an issue with TS19 latest build and there seems to be a more serious issue with TS22 as indicated in my earlier post.

Kind regards

Yorkshire

This explains a lot. I have had some trouble with consists that have completed a journey into a terminus platform that are then reversed (not via TimeTables Manager as this fails to work for me) and then exiting the station via an EIT path. It does not set the path which will have an entry signal about 30m away from the consist.

Thanks,
Paul

Back