ELVIS

I think there is an Elvis "driver" somewhere...also Robocop and Fred Flinstone, and one driver that you can edit and paste your own photo on the face.

waffle

So do I. I was into my high teens before he hit the scene, but liked his music a lot.

/waffle

Bill

My 8th grade leadership teacher was a huge elvis fan. I remember her having a large paper elvis cut-out that she had on the wall. Not sure if it was life size or what.

Don't much see the point of this on a Train forum unless some rail company has been daft enough to name a train after him! Was only a singer. Considering how he spent the latter part of his life not much of a role model there.

Countrylink runs an 8 Car Elvis Express XPT to Parkes in Central West NSW each January 8th for an Elvis Festival.

cheers

ghosty

Can appreciate you are a fan slugsmasher but don't think that should automatically be an assumption that everyone should somehow think Presley was wonderful and "deserves" a mention. It is in fairness a personal choice.

Can appreciate you are a fan slugsmasher but don't think that should automatically be an assumption that everyone should somehow think Presley was wonderful and "deserves" a mention. It is in fairness a personal choice.
Here here.
Why have we got to have it rammed down our throats that Elvis was great all the bloody time. I like Depeche Mode and think they are very under rated yet you don't find me on here telling everyone about it. This is a trainz forum not an Elvis forum. The lardy cheeseburger munching popstar is no more, live with it and stop posting waffle on here. Go post on an Elvis forum somewhere.

Truth of the matter

First dear Americans, don't ever believe that you will convince the brits anything about Americana. They were stuck on the monkeys at that time, with tried to be like the beach boys. As for elvis, there will never be anyone like him again! but the truch of the matter is, what made him famous was the songs of Little Richard! Elvis was the King because those in power did not want a black man to have the credit, but Little Richard will always be the Father of Rock-N-Roll!

Since we are on a waffle fest, I'll throw some in, most of whom had train related songs. And maybe being a renegade musician who also loves trains, I don't mind giving some kudos to Elvis. Artists like Elvis did help create an era and inadvertently affected many lives. As did Buddy Holly, Howlin' Wolf, Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, Ricky Nelson, Carl Perkins, Johnny Lee Hooker, Jerry Lee Lewis, Blah blah blah...

The Brits being hung up on the Monkees?? Hardly, they gave us the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, 2/3rd's of the Jimi Hendrix Experience, Pink Floyd, Cream, I gotta throw in Motorhead, and many, many more. The Monkees had some cool stuff, but they were created as a TV show. I doubt anyone would really pick them over the Beatles.

Last edited:
Not to forget that The Monkees Were an American invention. The only Brit amongst them was Davy Jones. Don't forget we also gave you the likes of Genesis and Status Quo.

Back