Eagle River rolling stock Faulty after downloading new content

pepperref

Started the program and the new download content box appeared. I believe it was the CPR Viktor Lake download 'sc473' or 'sc473a'. I clicked 'Download All'. After the download, I loaded my Eagle River Route and found that all my Eagle River rolling stock and locomotives were 'faulty', as well as some other Jointed Rail locomotives and rolling stock I was using in an Eagle River session.

I tried downloading and reinstalling the Jointed Rail content and the assets changed to 'Open for Editing - Faulty'.

Any suggestions on how I can get my assets back or maybe even warnings on how I can avoid it in the future would be much appreciated.

Right-click on the open for edit assets, and choose Revert to original from the menu.

My process, whenever I install something from CDPs is as follows:

In Content Manager I change the view to Open for edit.
Install the CDPs. (I drag and drop them into CM).
When done I highlight anything that's open for edit, right-click, and choose Rever to original.

The reason they're left open is actually a safety net. There were times in the past when something with an identical KUID would be overwritten by something else, and things would get messed up. I ended up shooting myself in the foot by overwriting a custom road I had modified with something else. I ended up with green houses all over the place instead of road splines! It's a good thing I have backups of my assets because I went in and was able to restore the error, but I will say my stomach did a turn over when I saw the mess!

The reason why this occurred is there are JR assets used on the Viktor Lake route sessions, and these are included in the packages.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I still had to update some assets to build 3.6, but very minor changes for sure.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I still had to update some assets to build 3.6, but very minor changes for sure.

You mean down version the assets?

Check on Jointed Rail's website for updates. They updated a bunch of dependencies such as engine-specs, interiors, sounds, and other parts that probably the ones that got overwritten. You might want to check for those on their website under dependencies.

Back