Download Content Manager Font Size

paperpusher

paperpusher
As a senior and using a Laptop for my Trainz experience, I find that I cannot make the Download print/font larger when scanning the content lines.
I have tried using the built-feature from the computer / browser of {CTRL}+{+} keys to enlarge the lines or screen but inside the Download Manager, it does not work.
I noted in the development for the Content Manager there is discussion on improving the features but it is closed section to outsiders, so my suggestion is entered in the General Trainz.

As a senior and using a Laptop for my Trainz experience, I find that I cannot make the Download print/font larger when scanning the content lines.
I have tried using the built-feature from the computer / browser of {CTRL}+{+} keys to enlarge the lines or screen but inside the Download Manager, it does not work.
I noted in the development for the Content Manager there is discussion on improving the features but it is closed section to outsiders, so my suggestion is entered in the General Trainz.

I can relate. Ant-sized text has been my bane as well as displays have gotten bigger or smaller with higher resolutions to go along.

Have no fear. Content Manager is greatly improving. The latest developer edition, has awesomely large text! :D

This is something that has been a great pleasure to work with, and I'm sure will be one of the things that makes it into SP2.

Oh, heck yes!!! My 74-year-old trifocal eyes simply cannot read any of the font sizes in CM. Don't even get me started on the font COLORS. Whoever selected pale grey on off-white should be keelhauled.

Bill

I could tell you how to do it ... But it might screw up your PC

I use Firefox- "No Squint" and "Color That Site"

I have altered my Windows colors and Fonts

I now have medium gray background, with pure black type, on all webpages (it doesn't recolor Skype, though)

My CM is medium gray background, with black type

I use the Windows Magnifier in "PC Tools"

I have several magnifying glasses on my desk, as well as a gooseneck swivel jewelers magnifier lamp clamped to my desk

Honey-I-shrunk-the-kids-honey-i-shrunk-the-kids-31181615-300-225.jpg

Last edited:
Trust me, I've messed with Windows fonts and such. I've also experimented with changing the DPI of my monitor. That really messes up things. So, what I do now is hang a nice, wide magnifying glass over the top of my monitor and move it around to see properly. If you get a glass that is rectangular and about 6 or 8 inches long and perhaps 2 inches tall, it isn't that intrusive and works just fine..

I use FF also and the add-on I use for those sites (like N3V, hint hint) that use grey on black fonts, I have Zap Colors. i click it and everything goes to black and white.

Bill

I could show you my PC screen, and Windows settings, by communicating with you via Free Skype IM, and giving you lessons on how to do it

Skype UN: cascaderailroad

Back