does trainz have lore?

i remember asking it about it in the lost media question i had awhile back but to requote "like image of the who made the route is a god controlling everything as we speak engines being made citys being made at a blink of a eye" again its a dumb question but still i wonder about this ik its simulator about driving trains such as shunting trucks and pulling freight etc etc but i guess the closest to lore is to real life world events...yes this is stupid but i wonder about this
thanks for answering this stupid question

Could you please start using proper punctuation and capitalization? Or at the very least give it a serious try?
You learn to use that somewhere around the age of 10 years and it makes your posts a lot easier to read. If, for some miracle, you don't know how when to use capital letter and punctuation, follow the links provided or google it.

And that is not a stupid question of me, it is some serious advise to make some people less irritated about your posts and makes them a lot easier to read for the rest of us. That will likely result in more people willing to answer your questions, so there is a hidden bonus in it for you.
And no, this is not the first time I am giving you that advise. And no, I don't want a reply about this. Just start doing it.

It's just a railway simulator and a virtual model train set if you will. That's it. You can make a railway and make a story behind it. The world is your oyster. Don't over think it.

I remember asking about it in the lost media question I had a while back. But to re-quote "like image of the creator who made the route, is a God controlling everything as we speak; engines being made; cities being made at a blink of a eye"? Again, it's a dumb question but still I wonder about this? If it's a simulator about driving trains such as shunting trucks (freight wagons?) and pulling freight, etc. etc.? But I guess the closest to lore is to real life world events. Yes, this is stupid but I wonder about this.
Thanks for answering this stupid question.
OK, "It’s a puzzle, Miss Scully, and scruffy minds like me like puzzles.". So I took a shot at it. Not as easy as you might think.

Last edited:
I plugged it into Copilot and got this response:

Your question isn’t stupid at all; it’s quite imaginative and thought-provoking! In the context of train simulators, the idea of a creator or a god-like figure controlling everything can be likened to the player themselves. When you’re playing a train simulator, you have control over the trains, the routes, and various aspects of the game world, which can indeed feel god-like.
Train simulators like Train Sim World 41 and others offer a very detailed and immersive experience where players can engage in activities such as driving trains, shunting trucks (freight wagons), and managing freight. These simulators often strive for realism and may include real-world events and scenarios as part of their gameplay to enhance the experience2.
The lore in these games is usually tied to the real-life history of trains and railroads, and some simulators even include historically accurate routes and trains. For example, Train Sim World 4 has updates and expansions that reflect real-world developments and historical events1.
So, while the simulators themselves don’t have a narrative or lore in the traditional sense, the closest they come to it is through the replication of real-world train operations and historical events. It’s a way for players to experience the life of a train driver or railway manager in a simulated environment that mirrors reality. Enjoy your virtual train journeys! 🚂

Apparently, the AI isn't a Trainz user yet. I did find the emoji at the end a nice touch.

We need to educate the AI on the finesse that Trainz has over Train Sim World and other train sim imposters. ;-)

Back